How do I get a Plugin ID and strings.xml? (1 Viewer)

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
After tinkering and getting my system working, I have started to take a look into creating a plugin .... I'm actually trying to get the ShowTimes plugin that knubile created a while back working with the most recent version of MP.

So my question is how do I get a plugin ID that won't conflict with anyone else's? (Does someone assign them).

Secondly, I've got the code that knubile created, and he had a plugin ID of 3010. If I use that and compile the code, it ends up in the Windows Plugins (as it should be). If I changed the ID to say, 6000, then it appears under the Process ID. What determines that the plugin is a Window or Process plugin (all I changed was one line int he code and the configuration sees it as a process plugin rather than a windows plugin).

Now onto the strings.xml, once I have my Plugin ID, then can I add to the strings.xml as I require?

Thanks!

Falkyre

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for the info. I tried IRC but I think my time zone is wacky for most other developers so I'll see what I can do.

I've read the plugin guide and have SVN working no problem...Just need a little bit more info to round out my understanding.

Thanks!

falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yup, which means when I'm awake, they are most likely not. Which is why I sent the question int he forums. I'l lurk in irc for a while and see if anyone shows up.

Thanks!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    falkyre said:
    Yup, which means when I'm awake, they are most likely not. Which is why I sent the question int he forums. I'l lurk in irc for a while and see if anyone shows up.

Thanks!

Usually best to check on IRC EARLY in the morning considering your timezone!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom