How do I know the native format of the HDTV stream? (1 Viewer)

smbunn

Portal Member
April 5, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: SVN 18584
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: Vista 32 bit SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz
HDD: Samsung 300 GB
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR3
[Video Card: Asus Silentpipe 8600GTS
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T Dual channels
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlogic PowerDVD 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlogic PowerDVD 8
[Remote: iMON MCE Remote
TV: Soyea 42" LW LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: Silverstone HTPC, iMON VFD and remote

Simple question. Here in NZ we get 576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i HDTV feeds through DVB-T.
My question is "How do I know how the feed I am looking at is encoded?"
I would like to see an information button that tells me "you are looking at 1080i" or "720p"
Or am I being stupid since I heard that the transmitter sticks to the one format, say 720p and then upsacles or downscales all source material to match?

Second simple question. I have bought PowerDVD 8 Ultra. Now my TS file splay with audio! This is awesome and makes it much more useable. However I don't see how I change MediaPortal configuration to stop using the monogram AAC codec and start using PowerDVD 8? Its not on the drop down list.
Any ideas?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here in NZ we get 576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i HDTV feeds through DVB-T.
    I would like to see an information button that tells me "you are looking at 1080i" or "720p"
    Or am I being stupid since I heard that the transmitter sticks to the one format, say 720p and then upsacles or downscales all source material to match?

Yes, your last sentence is correct - the TV station always broadcasts in the same format and then upscales (or downscales) the source to match the transmitted format.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here in NZ we get 576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i HDTV feeds through DVB-T.

Yes, your last sentence is correct - the TV station always broadcasts in the same format and then upscales (or downscales) the source to match the transmitted format.

Hmm, that's not the case here in Holland. We receive different formats and resolutions. It would be great to be able to see the stream information to see what kind of broadcast you are receiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom