how do I make internetradio work with bbc (1 Viewer)

lodsbugen

October 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
thanks for the quick answer. I installed realplayer, and it has bbc 1+2+3 radio and it works.
But how do I make it work in mediaportal. I am NOT a computerexpert.
also I would like to add myp2p.eu tv in mediaportal, and again how do I do?
also I would like to access the internet via mediaportal, is that possible?
Is there a user manual in pdf format I can download and print?
And finally is mediaportal to advanced for a standard pc user like myself, so I am better of buying microsoft (I would hate that).

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I'll answer what I can

also I would like to access the internet via mediaportal, is that possible?
    There was a web browser plugin at on point, but I don't think it has been maintained and probably doesn't work in the current version of MediaPortal.

Is there a user manual in pdf format I can download and print?
    Well it's not in PDF, but there is a manual (although not exhastive, mainly just for setting things up in the first place)
    MediaPortal_Manual_Index - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

And finally is mediaportal to advanced for a standard pc user like myself, so I am better of buying microsoft (I would hate that).
    I don't think so, jut take it one step at a time and be patient, there is a lot to learn with MediaPortal (as there is with most media center type applications), it's still a very rapidly moving area of software development. MediaPortal being open source has many advantages in this regard. For example, support for new technologies and standards can be added very quickly, but on the flip side of that, things like documentation can lag behind sometimes. No one like doing documentation, especially developers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! DE
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error...
    Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three...
    Replies
    Views
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Cannot get FH Holiday to work DE
    Added a check that if the time zone does not have a DST, then do not try to define it. Thanks, I'll update the release then.
    Added a check that if the time zone does not have a DST, then do not try to define it. Thanks, I'll update the release then.
    MP 1.32 x86 FH 4.0.3.338 Holidays 1.0.0.17 I added a birthday and changed the FanartHandler.xml to HolidayShowAllDay yes so I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom