How do I map a remote in MP? (1 Viewer)

lowcrust

Portal Member
January 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I just can't seem to get my head around on how to program a specific key to a specific function in the MP configuration. My keyboard currently has the [=] key mapped to "Volume Up" and I would like to change it to (surprise, surprise...) the [+] key. The "remote" is a wireless (radio) keyboard and that's only one out of three remotes I use (the other two being ATi RW II and M$ MCE remote).

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    1) To map your keyboard use the "MediaPortal Configuration" application; go to "General/Keyboard Shortcuts"

2) If you are using the normal MCE-Remote function, also use the "MediaPortal Configuration" application; go
    to "Remote/Microsoft MCE"

3) If you use the MCE Replacement Plugin, also use the "MediaPortal Configuration" application; go to "Plugins/MCE Replacement"

4) For the ATi RW II....I don’t know if it is supported by MediaPortal. If its not, you can also try the MCE Replacement Plugin; it allows you to make almost any remote to act like a regular MCE-Remote.

Just a suggestion for the future, try reading the Wiki pages first as they explain most things; and second search the forum for others as it probably would have been covered already ;) ;)

Hope this helps :)

lowcrust

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    First of all, thanks a lot for helping out! I really appreciate it.

Secondly, if you take a look at the Wiki you will find that these answers are vague at best in the Wiki. The section about remotes doesn't say much at all to be honest. In fact so much so that I created an own topic for that discussion shortly after posting this thread. You can find that discussion here;
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media_portals_achilles_heel_support-t33181.html?p=218703

But back to the topic; If I press the [+] sign under the Volume Up tab in the General/Keys and Sound/Global actions menu the sign [k] shows up in the field. If I press the same key ([+]) in MP later nothing happens. If, however, I press the [k] key the volume rises...

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Ok I tried exactly what you tried, and I don’t get the "k" but some other strange symbol. I tried some of the other keys, and some work and other don’t. Sorry but I cant help you with why the keyboard keys are not responding like they should, you will have to get one of the developers to help you....

Good luck....

lowcrust

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Maybe this thread could be moved to the 'bugs' section then?

You can, obviously, work around this problem by un-assigning the key that interferes with the one you are trying to update. But needless to say that is far from an optimal solution.

Sorry for the late reply, btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom