how do i set up my emulators plug-in (1 Viewer)

komita

Portal Member
August 19, 2011
Home Country
Strange .. I have MP 1.2RC and I am also getting a

No MediaPotal dependency found.
and
No plugin dependencies found.

error when trying to install ... am I missing something? should I first install MAME?

komita

Portal Member
August 19, 2011
Home Country
Thanks Brownard, I must not have read the download links correctly ...
and I re-read that post three times to make sure I'm getting the right file but still got the wrong one :)

:D

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How do you get thumbs for mame games to show up?

Ive tried naming as in the faq with the name of the game.png or .jpg but no luck. If i add them by dragging onto the properties dialog in the config they show up but i dont want to have to do that for every individual rom and the batch load is pretty hit and miss. This used to be a case of just having the image the same name as the rom. Whats changed?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The thumbs can have the following file names:
    BoxFront.jpg
    BoxBack.jpg
    IngameScreenshot.jpg
    TitleScreenshot.jpg
    Fanart.jpg

and should be placed in the appropriate directory
    e.g. - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\myEmulators\games\[EMULATOR NAME]\[GAMEID]

The next version will have a MAME scraper :)

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hi this is my first "attempt" on "my emulators" and I'm currently trying to figure (of) a way to have the plugin recognize my games merely by putting them in the right folder (without any further actions), not unlike what happens in tv serries plugin with its scrappers working cealessly...

Is there any such way, or am I wasting my time (trying to find it)?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Yes there is - you need to enable 'Automatically refresh games' AND 'Automatically import game info' under Game Database -> Database options

The plugin should then automatically pick up any new games and attempt to retrieve online info - but only when first opened. The online matching can be a bit hit n miss so your file names should be something close to the game title.

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hi, indeed when I set an emulator and its rom folder the database auto updates when I put a new rom in it. However I can't seem to be able to do the same for PC games (which was also my initial problem)...

Considering that PC games do not require an emulator to be set up they lack common destination for "myemus" to check periodically...

So I suppose my query would be more accurate if was to put it thus: How can I have the plugin *auto* update my PC games database?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    No you can't do that using the current PC Games implementation - but you might be able to hack together a PC Games 'Emulator' where the roms are shortcuts to the game executables and the 'emulator exe' is a bat file that runs the shortcut. I think this has been done before because PC games were broken for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread