How do you setup External Player for Blu-ray ISO Playback? (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Guys,

I've been a long time MP1 user but I'm migrating to a Server/Client setup where I'll have one machine running Server & Client (Main HTPC), and another machine running Client Only (Bedroom HTPC). For this architecture, I'm testing out MP2 since it seems to be able to do this network/sharing natively.

I have a lot of BD ISO's, especially 3D BD ISO's. Currently on MP1/MovingPictures I have "Cyberlink PowerDVD" setup as an "External Player". When I play a movie which is BD ISO, it's automatically mounted (VirtualCloneDrive) and PowerDVD Starts, plays the movie, and as soon as I close PowerDVD I'm back at my MediaPortal Movie Library window.

I can't figure out how to do all of the above w/ MP2. Is there anyone who has successfully setup an external player like PowerDVD w/ MP2? I will need to do with on BOTH Server & Client.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
Replies
Views
Hi. This is true, but as many people have requested this feature you can create the images share to accept videos too. This way you can watch anything on the SD card of your camera in one place. Yes, this definitely is possible in MP2 too. You need to activate this during creation of the images share. If you already have created...
Hi. This is true, but as many people have requested this feature you can create the images share to accept videos too. This way...
Hi, Two questions about MP2 V2.3: - Is it possible to set an external video player for movies? in MP1, it was possible but I do...
Replies
Views
Tested on other uptodate hardware, sata3 helped a lot. When client take info from serveew cpu is arround 50 % Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk
Tested on other uptodate hardware, sata3 helped a lot. When client take info from serveew cpu is arround 50 % Envoyé de mon...
Hi, I have been trialling MP2 since the release of 2.3 and I am having a big problem with it's usability. I have a server on a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
Good job, nice release as usual (y)
Good job, nice release as usual (y)
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom