How does everyone handle dvds? (1 Viewer)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need to configure MP (in the configuration program under the "general" tab).
    You have to set things like drive name to be identical to the virtual drive created by deamon tools, and the path to deamon tools.
    Then it will work like a dream. I'm using the 4.0???? version of daemon tools.

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As someone said earlier - At the edges, the place in tray :)

As our collection has now grown to around 600, I not getting into the process of converting... Besides - Every once in a while, I just like browsing the 2 racks looking for something worth watching for the nth time.. But I'm seriously old sk00l with regards to DVDs - just as I am with my 400+ Laserdisc collection and our 1200+ Vinyl records...

I just like to "touch" the actual media.. It's probably just me though :)

Cheers,
    Steffen

NO.. It's NOT a type.. The Vinyls are _ours_, as is the CD and DVD collection. The LDs are MINE - My Precious ;-)

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Most of mine are residing as rmvb's on HD, using a CRT TV I don't really notice any unacceptable drop in quality, my eyesight is pretty bad!

The conversion process is dvd::rip to a linux machine --> transcode to xvid avi --> transfer to MP machine --> avi to rmvb with EasyRealMediaProducer 1.94 running on low priority in background behind MP.

The process sounds involved but all of it can be batched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom