How does the category/filter system work? (1 Viewer)

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
okay, i just installed StreamedMP 1.0 with the latest MovingPictures dll.

so far i used MovingPictures 0.7.5, so the whole category/filter system is new to me...and basically, i have no idead how to use that system. i thought i could simply add a new category and then add the movies i want to be a 'member' of that category (similar to the filter system of TV-Series).

however, it doesn't work. all i seem to be able to do is edit the existing nodes, but i can't add any new ones.

so the question is this: how does it work? how can i add custom nodes and fill them with movies i want?

thanks for any help!

EDIT: okay, i guess i found out how to do this. what confused me was that i can't add movies to a particular node/filter when MovingPictures is running. i thought i could create a couple of nodes and then scroll through the movielist and add a movie to a specific node (like in TV-Series)

does anyone know if this will be possible with an upcoming release?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah, I'd like what you are describing as well Boiler. We will be implementing something like what you are describing in the near future (hopefully for 1.1?) For now though you mostly have to just use the separate config screen.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
AW: How does the category/filter system work?

thanks fforde. that's great news! and may i take this opportunity to thank you and your team for the great job you guys are doing! MovingPictures has come a long way and it only gets better!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the kind words. :)

For what it's worth, RoChess came up with a somewhat out of the box way to tag movies for a specific category while in the GUI. He basically set up a category that includes all movies with a user rating of 1. Then he just rates as a "1" any movie he wants to add to this category while in the GUI. It's not at all how the system was meant to work but it's a clever way to do what you are wanting this very instant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom