How does the Movie IMDB/Cover Art database work? Need HELP! (1 Viewer)

thagerty

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I need help. Is there a way for MP to recognize a video file's Cover art and info and relate that info to THAT file wherever it is on my CPU???

I'm talking mkv movie files here.

If i update a movie on my hard drive, it works great! If I then insert that same movie in my DVD drive (its a data dvd with the mkv file on it, same name), the cover art and info wont show, i have to retrieve the info again just for the DVD drive. Then it works on both.

It also does the opposite! If i insert a different DVD (with a different mkv movie) the first time and retrieve the info it wont relate to the same file on my hard drive unless unless i update it as well.

Also if i insert a movie (mkv) that has the info added to the database into my DVD drive, if i put that movie in a SECOND dvd drive, the info all shows up, but it keeps telling me i have to insert the movie into the original DVD drive.

I NEED HELP. I don't want to update all my movies unless i know how this is all working.

I just want MP to see my MKV files and recognise them whereever they are without having to retrieve the info just because its in a different location!

HEEEEEELP!

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom