How to access the DirectShow-Graph from a plugin? (1 Viewer)

H

hannibanni

Hi,

I'm desperately in need to stream my live-tv picture (the channel i'm currently watching) via multicast into my LAN. I found out there is nothing like this yet for mediaportal (the mediaserver-plugin is not capable of this).

Today I hooked myself via the GraphEdit-Tool from Microsoft into the DirectShow-Graph of a running Mediaportal instance. Having the graph, I inserted a Multicast-Sender DirectShow-Filter into the graph, and voila' i had my multicast-stream up and running.

Now I'm thinking of writing a quick plugin, which does exactly what I did with graphedit. Just with a setup-dialog to choose ip-address & port.

So far I see no problem, except that I don't know how a plugin could access the directshow-graph of core-mediaportal??

Please give some background-info and maybe some hints where I should read in the sourcecode!!

cu
Hannes

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic. However, i think, this posting is a bit different from most of the other postings: Here is my scenario: Mediaportal is running at my home for several years now and without any problems. It's a great...
Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
Replies
Views
Hi Chris Please send back the tuners I lent you, and then we can discuss how to proceed from there.
Hi Chris Please send back the tuners I lent you, and then we can discuss how to proceed from there.
Hi This will be my first post here in quite some time. I'm in the process of trying to revive my whole setup, including the...
Replies
Views
Sorry.. Did you think I was referring to MediaPortal? It's KODI using ANY backend server I tried that has trouble with timeshifting. That's why I'm going back to MediaPortal. I had issues with Kodi and WMC and NextPVR as backends. Others had problems with TVHeadend and Myth. I haven't tried Kodi with MediaPortal since figured if...
Sorry.. Did you think I was referring to MediaPortal? It's KODI using ANY backend server I tried that has trouble with...
I ran MediaPortal for a while and strayed the path to XBMC. Although it's great for TV Series and Movies the TV service has a...
Replies
Views
Tried with a custom LAV build from @Sebastiii (0.68.5 git) and got a bit further :) - Works with MPC-HC (no image corruption) as subtitle engine however no subtitle selection for that sample - With DirectVobSub I get the subtitle selection however also the image corruption back So while not perfect at least I can have MPC-HC for...
Tried with a custom LAV build from @Sebastiii (0.68.5 git) and got a bit further :) - Works with MPC-HC (no image corruption) as...
Hi, Been trying out some 2160P releases recently and came across an odd issue with HEVC playback, it will run at a reduced...
Replies
Views
For some versions of MP now, I have constantly experienced slow to very slow playback times on my client machine. These could be up to a minute, depending on how video is transcoded (inside Matroska container): XVid, DivX, H.264, etc. This HTPC is wirelessly networked with a TP-Link AC1200 dual band router. I use the 5khz band for...
For some versions of MP now, I have constantly experienced slow to very slow playback times on my client machine. These could be up...
For some versions of MP now, I have constantly experienced slow to very slow playback times on my client machine. These could be up...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom