How to add DVB-T frequencies to MP and TV server?!? (1 Viewer)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal and the TV server both have a xml-file with tuningparameters for DVB-T. If the frequencies for your area are listed in this file a channel scan will take a lot less time (because the channel scan will only scan the listed frequencies) compared to scanning all frequencies for you whole country or even all possible DVB-T frequencies.

All entries should look like the following schema (shortened):

Code:
    <country name="YOUR_COUNTRY - YOUR_CITY/REGION" offset="125">
      <carrier frequency="198500" bandwidth="7" />
      <carrier frequency="498000" bandwidth="8" />
      <carrier frequency="530000" bandwidth="8" />
    </country>
    Just replace the YOUR_COUNTRY and YOUR_CITY/REGION values and enter the frequencies in the carrier element.

You can get the DVB-T frequencies from your local provider. The sample data is from http://www.dvb-t-nord.de/empfangsgebiete/media/hannover_bs_parameter.pdf where you can see that 198,5Mhz results in frequency="198500" and so on.

After completing the entry please test if all channels are found and you didn't miss a frequency. Then please post your entry to this thread so I can add it to the SVN repository.

Please also post updates about changed frequencies here!

Thanks
    Maschine

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    <country name="Italy - Padova" offset="125">

<carrier frequency="490000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="514000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="674000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="706000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="770000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="818000" bandwidth="8" />
    <carrier frequency="826000" bandwidth="8" />

</country>

Please add this entry to SVN.

Simone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs [WiP] 5030: Add UHD Thumb size to TV Server MediaPortal 1 0
    ajs [fixed] 5029: Add the ability to choose the type of pause for designers in the slideshow MediaPortal 1 4
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    raffe How to add 500+ streams? OnlineVideos 1
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    R [solved] Moving pictures importer wont add files from a removable drive. Is there a work around ? Moving Pictures 8
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
    H Add site to home OnlineVideos 5
    E Can I add folder icons to my list of videos MediaPortal 1 Talk 9
    Timothy Cobb Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations Plugin Development 5
    E How can I add some site to Online Video Plugin ? OnlineVideos 4
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    R Suggestions for reliable PCIe DVB-S2 tuner MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    Golf4 DVB-IP über Fritzbox - m3u-Senderliste Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 43
    M TV Server can't tune to some DVB-S multiplexes while other software can General 0
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    framug No color in TVGuide when XMLTV without DVB EPG MediaPortal 1 Talk 59
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    framug [EPG] Some problems with DVB EPG Improvement Suggestions 49
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    badboyxx TV card is listed as unknown in TV-server config General 4
    bribbon [Pending] Switzerland: DVB-T switch-off on 03 June 2019 Submit: EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails 0