How to avoid msg when switcihng tuner cards (1 Viewer)

mpiwanna

Portal Member
August 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I get a message that says "cant start timeshifting, can't start graph, would you like to tune to previous channel?" This happen when ever I switch from digital to analog card and vice-versa. I have an ATI AIW 650 PCI express. After I click on "no" and try the channel again, it works.

How can I get rid off this message? B/c of this, I am only able to record on one tuner card.

Thanks.

mpiwanna

Portal Member
August 7, 2009
Home Country
it is technically not a hybrid card. IIRC, hybrid cards can either do one or the other but not both at the same time. Even though I have one card, it shows up as having two cards. One that does Analog (along with S video, Composite) and the other that does digital (QAM). In my card, I could be watching an analog channel on one TV and be recording a digital channel simultaneously. With a hybrid card, this won't be possible.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes, you're right in that case definitely not a hybrid card.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I have two ideas;

cyberlink has released a new decoder that handles both sdtv mpeg2 and hdtv h264 with one codec. If your problem was related to switching codecs then that might fix the problem. However your problem maybe related to something else.

To test where the problem lies, you can start + stop timeshifting in tvserver config, without actually rendering the channels. Do you still get the problem there?

mpiwanna

Portal Member
    August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    disabling time shifting

Perhaps what I need to do is not time-shift at all. i don't want it to time shift a channel that I'm watching live. how/where is this done - to disable time-shifting completely.

thanks.

mpiwanna

Portal Member
    August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    IN a search that I did, it suggested creating a file called C:\graphreset.txt. I tried this and it still does not work.

this is so weird. When I go from Analog to QAM, I get the message "Can't start graph." When I go from QAM to analog, I get the message "No Audio/Video detected." And if I try the channel again, on both cards, I get the channel.

I'll need to post the logs.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom