How to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA within MP (2 Viewers)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I have a Ati 5750 and im trying to bitstream the HD codecs. I have a m2ts with a DTS-MA stream.
I installed the latest FFDshow, lastest MPC-HC and chosen from mediaportal config, MPC audio renderer but it will only play DTS not DTS-MA.

Can anyone help me?:D

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for replying, i heard from someone bitstreaming HD audio isnt possible due to the build-in splitter. Can you confirm this?

magao

Portal Member
December 22, 2008
Home Country
Unfortunately, my receiver only supports DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, so I'm merely going off that ffdshow now has checkboxes for the various HD formats (and commit comments in the SVN changelog).

However, the splitter shouldn't affect it - it's just an audio stream as far as the splitter is concerned, and it hands it off to whatever filter is configured (by merit or explicit graph) to handle that type of stream. It's possible you might have to use "automatic" codecs selection.

I'd say just try it and see if it works. Probably easier to set it up and try it in MPC than MP initially.

<edit>Try it with the latest (December 2009) Haali - I kinda made the assumption that would be used.</edit>

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    However, the splitter shouldn't affect it - it's just an audio stream as far as the splitter is concerned, and it hands it off to whatever filter is configured (by merit or explicit graph) to handle that type of stream. It's possible you might have to use "automatic" codecs selection.

Splitter matters as not all splitters are able to split all the audio / video formats supported by the container. Older Haali at least wont do any good for the lossless HD audio formats.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Splitter matters as not all splitters are able to split all the audio / video formats supported by the container. Older Haali at least wont do any good for the lossless HD audio formats.

Is this something which will be worked on in the future? Can i make a request for this?

shotek

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Niedersachsen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: How to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA within MP

MPC-Mpeg Source (Gabest) is good for .m2ts and HD audio formats.
    Use latest SAF. ;)

glug

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just got bitstreaming working on my setup a few days ago. Both DTS-HD and TrueHD are lighting up on my receiver (Yamaha RX-V1800) when playing m2ts files with HD Audio. I followed the directions at the following link to get things working:

ffdshow tryout project : HD audio discussion - Doom9's Forum

My setup:
    Windows 7
    ATI 5750 video card
    Lastest MP build
    Latest FFDshow found here (Browse ffdshow Files on SourceForge.net)
    Latest MPC-HC build found here (Media Player Classic Home Cinema (x86/x64) - XvidVideo.RU)

I have the following MPC-HC stand-a-lone filters registered: (from the command line regsvr32 path\MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax etc..)
    AviSplitter.ax
    MatroskaSplitter.ax
    MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax
    MPCVideoDec.ax
    MpegSplitter.ax
    OggSplitter.ax

(Only the MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax and the MpegSplitter.ax should be needed for the Bitstreaming)

In MP Config under "Codecs and Renderer", I have ffdshow Audio Decoder selected for MPEG/AC3 audio decoder and AAC audio decoder. I have Default DirectSound Device selected for the Audio renderer.

That got it working for me. Good luck!

Edit: Also don't forget to select the "pass-through" options for the HD audio formats in the FFDshow audio config output section.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just got bitstreaming working on my setup a few days ago. Both DTS-HD and TrueHD are lighting up on my receiver (Yamaha RX-V1800) when playing m2ts files with HD Audio. I followed the directions at the following link to get things working:

ffdshow tryout project : HD audio discussion - Doom9's Forum

My setup:
    Windows 7
    ATI 5750 video card
    Lastest MP build
    Latest FFDshow found here (Browse ffdshow Files on SourceForge.net)
    Latest MPC-HC build found here (Media Player Classic Home Cinema (x86/x64) - XvidVideo.RU)

I have the following MPC-HC stand-a-lone filters registered: (from the command line regsvr32 path\MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax etc..)
    AviSplitter.ax
    MatroskaSplitter.ax
    MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax
    MPCVideoDec.ax
    MpegSplitter.ax
    OggSplitter.ax

(Only the MpcAudioRendererFilter.ax and the MpegSplitter.ax should be needed for the Bitstreaming)

In MP Config under "Codecs and Renderer", I have ffdshow Audio Decoder selected for MPEG/AC3 audio decoder and AAC audio decoder. I have Default DirectSound Device selected for the Audio renderer.

That got it working for me. Good luck!

Edit: Also don't forget to select the "pass-through" options for the HD audio formats in the FFDshow audio config output section.

Awesome thank you so much. Right now i have my HTPC all set up with the DXVA subtitle hack for MP, haali filter and ac3filter. I bet i need to start over right because ill be using FFDshow?

edit: I am trying now but even with FFDshow as audio output it still keeps going through ac3filter. I tried graphedit and also there ac3filter.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It doesn't work for me right now in MP last svn.

Always MP says :
    Can't play : DTS-MA.M2TS
    AVC
    DTS-HD

All filter are register.
    For example if i start graphstudio on M2TS file it find nothing but if i start graphstudio and select filtre MPG MPEG source and select the file, yes at this moment i can setup to work.

Idem in MPC-HC if i select MPEG PS/TS/PVA in internal filter, MPC play fine the file (in DXVA).

So i must have a splitter like Haali or MPC-MATROSKA ?

otherwise, if i start MKV with audio HD in it, it works, i have an issue because the video is slower than sound with MPC Matroska even in MPC.

The best play i have is to use MPC-HC with MPC-MPEG SOURCE and MPC-VIDEO (DXVA), the sound and video play fine.

What splitter is load when you load m2ts in MP ?

Thx,
    Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom