How to change view? (1 Viewer)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Dumb question but I'm new to MP and not familier with its concepts yet:

How do I change the view how the movies get displayed? List, small thumbs, large thumbs and so on.

Thanks

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just within Mediaportal (application running, like you want to watch videos), you are in "My Videos", cursor left, you will see the menu. Top one is "View". Enter will change it.

P.S.: You would help us to help you if you edit your system secs in CP).

Alfred

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Thanks. Going to the left doesn't seem to bring up a menu in moving pictures on my installation. I've seen this menu in the diashow module but not in moving pictures. I will try it once more this evening though.

My system specs are entered I think.
Edit: ahhh, visibility was set to NO. ;)

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Dumb question but I'm new to MP and not familier with its concepts yet:

How do I change the view how the movies get displayed? List, small thumbs, large thumbs and so on.

Thanks
Well, MovingPictures is not yet in the Blue3 realm.
What you need to do is press the i on your remote (or F9 on your keyboard) this will allow yu to change views from within the frontend.
If you prefer any view you can set that as the default in the configurator.
There is also a button (right side, looks somewhat like a flag) in the skin (frontend) that allows you to change views.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Strange... Pressing F9 does nothing. It's assigned to "show context menu of current item" though (didn't change anything). It also does nothing in the movies plugin for instance.
To the right there is no such thing as a flag. After leaving the small thumbnail view to the right the cursor first jumps to the scroll arrow. Going further right does nothing but after that I can't get the cursor to the left anymore. It seems its nowhere... I then have to use the mouse to get it back to the thumbs.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That is strange. Assuming from your system spec, you are watching in 16x9 ratio? And therefor using the default included "Generic skin 16x9" files...
If F9 doesn't work... Does it work in any other plugin? e.g Music or Videos?

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
No F9 doesn't work in any other module

Good news: Now I changed my remote to eventghost with mediaportal and streamzap plugin as described here in the forum. And tataaa: Pressing "Menu" shows a popup menu which allows selection of the view modes. Pressing F9 on the attached keyboard does still nothing though.
Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread