[How-to] compile OnlineVideos from SVN (2 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi offbyone,

may I ask why we have to wait so long for new versions of onlinevideos? I see that there are a lot of problems solved yet since the latest version..

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am sure not everybody likes to install a new version weekly! There have been no breaking changes or critical bugfixes, so no reason to do a new release. For the impatiant there is alwaays the option to compile yourself (and if you can't manage to do so, then you simply have to wait - I cannot support every single person on the planet).

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just though of another approach:
    If everyone who downloads the next OnlineVideos version promises to donate 1€, I will release today...

because then I no longer need to care for my everyday job which pays rent and food.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't understand me wrong offbyone, that was not what I want to say.. I thought it was not so much work to compile it, and release it.. I understand that it is a lot of work to fix all problems, and you have my respect for that! :) I thought only that release the plugin itself wasn't to much work.. The batch file is not working for me, so I can't compile the svn to an mpe1 package.. If there are persons here who can do that, it's 1 single click on the button, and upload it to the download repo..

But maybe I missed something..

And believe me, it's no problem to wait.. The only "critical bugfixes" for me are the progress bar that doesn't go away and the ability to create language groups with a parameter..

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know if you are familiar with the stages or cycles of software development, but it's not a good idea to release something at any given point to the users. A release must meet some standards and get testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom