How-to compile the Tv Server (1 Viewer)

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
For some reason I'm getting lots of emails regarding how to compile the Tv Server and the Tv Plugin so I guess many ppl want to test it ;)

I compiled the SVN sources (solutions, using TV3 as the home map) in the following order (Release version):
1. TV3\TvLibrary\TvLibrary.sln
2. TV3\TVLibrary\DirectShowLib\Directshowlib.sln
3. TV3\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin.sln

This gives me:
1. TV3\TVLibrary\Setup\Release\Setup.exe and Setup.msi (the server part)
2. TV3\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\SetupPlugin\Release\SetupPlugin.msi and Setup.exe

Then use the installation manual located in TV3\TVLibrary\doc to install both the server and the plugin.
Take note that the installation directory in the documentation differs from the setup. I used the installation directory as described in the manual...

I hope this helps some ppl, although I guess that within a week the nightly SVN builds will be available (just guessing, not planning :D ), so building this yourself will not be necessary anymore...

Have fun with it!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have been trying to get this to work for the past week or so... (ask they guys in IRC). I did just as you said and compiled them in that order... on the last one (tvplugin.sln) VS comes up with hundreds of errors...

The type or namespace name 'MediaPortal' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\MP Source\TV Engine3\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin\TVPriorities.cs

I know I could just wait for a couple of days.. but now that I have been trying to compile this for the past week.. I really want to DO IT! Here is what I am doing and here are my steps.

I open up the tvlibrary.sln and then go to properties.. I select release instead of debug and save. I then right click on the top where it says solution and click build. That builds just fine

I then close that one and open up directshowlib.sln. I select release and build that one. It compiles just fine.

I do the same exact steps on the third on.. and click build.. and about half wal through.. I get about 400 errors.

I have actually gotten the TV server to compile and I have installed that just fine. But for the life of me, I can't get the setup plugin to compile.

Any help on this would be great.

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    I just tried to compile everyting again using the latest SVN sources...

The TvPlugin indeed does not build anymore, but I'm not getting 400 errrors or more but only 2 errors:

1:
    Error 8 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Window' does not contain a definition for 'WINDOW_SETTINGS_TVENGINE' G:\AppData\Visual Studio Projects\Visual CSharp Projects\HTPC\TvEngine3Test\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin\TVHome.cs 424 63 TvPlugin

and 2:
    Error 30 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Window' does not contain a definition for 'WINDOW_SETTINGS_TVENGINE' G:\AppData\Visual Studio Projects\Visual CSharp Projects\HTPC\TvEngine3Test\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin\TvSetup.cs 20 32 TvPlugin

I guess frodo is working so hard to compensate his 5.000% overallocation that he forgot to check-in the modified Core.dll file (that one contains the definition in the GUIWindow.cs file: WINDOW_SETTINGS_TVENGINE=709,)...

So what you could do is getting the latest SVN version of MediaPortal, compile it and copy the Core.dll file over the one in TV3\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin\bin\Release !!

GagReflex

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I had a similar issue.. Double check the references on the TVplugin make sure their pointing where the actual references are.. in particular check the CORE reference.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    I have been trying to get this to work for the past week or so... (ask they guys in IRC). I did just as you said and compiled them in that order... on the last one (tvplugin.sln) VS comes up with hundreds of errors...

The type or namespace name 'MediaPortal' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\MP Source\TV Engine3\TVLibrary\TvPlugin\TvPlugin\TVPriorities.cs

I know I could just wait for a couple of days.. but now that I have been trying to compile this for the past week.. I really want to DO IT! Here is what I am doing and here are my steps.

I open up the tvlibrary.sln and then go to properties.. I select release instead of debug and save. I then right click on the top where it says solution and click build. That builds just fine

I then close that one and open up directshowlib.sln. I select release and build that one. It compiles just fine.

I do the same exact steps on the third on.. and click build.. and about half wal through.. I get about 400 errors.

I have actually gotten the TV server to compile and I have installed that just fine. But for the life of me, I can't get the setup plugin to compile.

Any help on this would be great.

I had the same problem, but was related to the references of the mediaportal.

Asidie, try to compile mediaportal itself first, that wil create the DLL in the right place.

Now all three are compiling without errors, still some warning (i don't know this is ok) But the real problem is, that i can not find the setups for installing the server and/or plugin??????

Does somebody know where to look?

EDIT: Nevermind! This was one of those moments you have to think before you speak. First ask google then ask others at the forum.

rede96

Portal Member
    January 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am a fairly new to programming, especially C#. I have done some VB and SQL in the past but mainly developing MS Access applications. I am currently teaching myself C#.

I am trying to run the debug on the TV server, just to try and understand what goes on more. (Not that I'd understand too much anyway! :) ) I am using Visual Studio 2005.

I have tried following the instructions left by Mars Warrior to compile the TV server.

I have all the source code in one directory (TVE3). I have also put the media portal source code in this directory as well.

I have compiled media portal first and I can run in debug mode no problems. But I am having the same problems posted by ASiDiE when trying to compile the TVPlugin. (i.e. 567 errors when trying to compile.)

I have tried reading through the forum but so far I've not been able to solve this. (Not a good start I know! :oops: )

Would someone be kind enough to help me get started please?

Thanks
    Red

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom