How to Copy Configs Between RC2 and 1.0 (1 Viewer)

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
Hi All,

My thread title basically says it all. Is there a way to copy the directory configuration and setup of MyEmulators from MP RC2 to 1.0? I did a more or less 'clean' upgrade from RC2 to 1.0 but I don't want to setup all MyEmulators again (with the proper directories listed and paths to the executables etc etc). Where is this configuration information stored? I made a backup of my RC2 installation before 1.0 was installed so I can easily retrieve the file that contains this information. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

gamingexpert

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The old configuration information is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\myEmulators.db3 and the new config is stored in myEmulators3.db3.

I'm not sure how you would edit it but I'm pretty sure those are made from SQLite so you might be able to use either that program or some form of an SQL database editor or something.

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
Thanks Gamingexpert this is exactly what I wanted to know! All I had to do was copy over the old DB from the program files folder to the new location for the DB's into the all users location and all my settings were returned!

gamingexpert

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You're welcome, and I mistakenly thought you were talking about keeping your information between the old version and new version of the My Emulators plugin since the new SVN versions make a new database file. If you wanted to do that then you would probably have to edit the file, but since it's just a Mediaportal upgrade then ya, it's as simple as just copying the file to the new place. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom