How to disable the Standard Home screen (1 Viewer)

ZeroH

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Hi. This is probably a noob question but I use the H key to get to the main screen from other menus but once in a while, if the H is pressed too many times, it goes to a different screen with the menus list but no Movies menu. And I can't figure out how to get back to the StreamedMP's main menu screen without closing and restarting MP.

Here's what the screen I can't get out of.

ta1p8o.jpg

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: help a noob out

the H key in MP is set to switch between BasicHome and StandardHome in your screenshot above.. so its doing what the key is set for

Best to use the ESC and arrow keys to navigate

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Hi :)
    This is the "home confusion" of MP.

There are two type of homescreens:
    1. Standard homescreen
    2. Basic homescreen

1. is defined from what plugins you have set in config. Some might even be placed under home->plugins (sublevel)
    2. is set by skin (or a skin plugin)

The H does is not mapped to "home" (you can if you want), but to "switch home", meaning it will toggle between the homescreens. You can set your preferred homescreen in config, and H will bring you to this when you are ie playing music, watching TV etc, but when you are in your preferred homescreen, pressing H will bring you to the other homescreen.

I know this can be a bit confusing, buy you'll soon get the hang of it :)

EDIT: Damn - beaten - am I that slow....?

ZeroH

Portal Member
    April 11, 2010

Thanks for the explaination.

So if I understand correctly, H should allow me to switch back to the StreamedMP home right? But it doesn't. And the ESC or the arrow keys work once I'm in this screen. Is there no way to get out of it other than to restart MP? Seems strange to be stuck in a menu screen.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

no, H is for switching between "basic home" and "standard home" so realistically you do not want to be using the H key at all.

i dont know what you mean by stuck in the screen, you have to press the enter key in basic home (the flash looking screen) to get to the next option

ZeroH

Portal Member
    April 11, 2010

Stuck meaning I can't get back to StreamedMP's home screen. And there's no Movies menu in the one I'm "stuck" on.

Thanks all for the info. Maybe this could be something to request? Where would I do that - StreamMP or MP?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

In MediaPortal 1.2 Alpha you can disable the Standard Home screen completely. This means by pressing 'h' you will only go back to BasicHome (StreamedMP custom home).

Attachments

• onlyBasicHome.jpg
      onlyBasicHome.jpg
      89.4 KB

airbedman

Portal Member
    May 15, 2008
    I also have this problem, only I'm using the MCE remote with MP 1.1.2. The green button normally takes me to the Basic Homescreen, but when there if its pressed again, I get stuck on the other page, where up and down are the only buttons that function.

I currently have no keyboard/mouse plugged in, so at this point I have to VNC in and click the close button to get back to the Basic Homescreen. Is there a way to disable this page in 1.1.2 or at least make it respond to another click of the green button?

Froderik

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I also had this problem with my MCE remote, 1.2 Alpha with actual SVN + StreamedMP V1.4.11. I thought it was because of the SVN Version I use. But if this is also a problem with the 1.1.2 and 1.2 alpha, it may be a problem of the actual StreamedMP version!?

Now I use the StreamedMP 1.5Beta together with the SVN version of MP. This works good. Except the fact that MP always starts with the classic home screen (not basic), no matter what I set up in the config.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom