How to find Forum Moderators (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How do I find who is the forum moderator for a particluar forum? The only place I could even find a list was in About from the Home Page, and that only lists Super Moderators!

Often I see posts that say report it to the Forum Moderator, but I can never figure out who that is! I apologize if I have (once again) missed the obvious somewhere!

Of course sometimes they post in the forum, and if you read through all the posts you can find them.

My suggestion is, if possible, have the Moderator listed at the top of the forum page (with the ability to send a PM). As long as the moderators don't kill me for the suggestion! :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Dadeo

At the top of the forum pages, you have a menu bar starting with User CP.
    Item 5 is Community and will open a drop down menu.
    Select Show Groups.

Easy to get there, if you know about it.
    I agree your suggestion will make it easier.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Rekenaar, you know I even looked there, but just did not click on Groups as I never thought to associate that with Moderators. The link there is fine imo if it could be more descriptive. Having the moderator at the top of the forum would be nice, but might not be easy to do. Poor High, I'm always suggesting more work for him! :)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Often I see posts that say report it to the Forum Moderator, but I can never figure out who that is!

hi, theres a 'report post' function below the username (the grey button with an R on it), this way you can report posts to any moderator. No need to search for a special one and this way any mod who is online can check.

A list above each forum is possible but we nearly only have full-mods that are responsible for any forum. So that will be a huuuge name list and may confuse more than it helps.

I have moved the show groups from community to quicklinks and renamed it to forum moderators.
    :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks High, I did know about the R button, but it clearly states "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." so when Chris says, for example, to contact a moderator about getting into popular plugins,, I did not think that method was appropriate.

You are right about the long list of moderators, I was forgetting mostly you have full (super) moderators. I certainly think your fix is very helpful! And very fast, Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom