How to get hold of an IR-blaster? (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know you can get hold of a blaster in some of the Hauppauge modells (like the MCE kits and the 150 non-MCE), but is there any other way? No stand-alone products?

USBUIRT is to expensive....

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah... that easy!
    So there is only one ver. of the remote from MS (USB), and it has the blaster?

Thanks!

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a European and an US-version of those remotes. Both have the blaster. So just be sure you get the latest MCE2005 remote with coloured teletext buttons and be happy. :wink:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thx... like this one, right?
    I286584.jpg

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.asp?sku=309575

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your pic shows the US version. The European version has some additional (useful) buttons. You should prefer the European one.

5498.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    Replies
    Views
    I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software controls the emitter, and transmits IR signals under the direction of MP. The IR signal is received by the IR receiver within the set-top box, and so can be used to change channel and so on. The set-top...
    I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software...
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed MP2. Not sure what version. I have a Hauppauge WinTV 1850 TV card...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
    I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Steve, nice to see you're still around! The question is a bit broad so it's hard to give a solid anwser. In which part is this happening? My videos/MovingPictures/Onlinevideos? And do you use something like subcentral/subtitledownloader? Also log files in full debug mode of such a playback where it picks the old subtitlefile could...
    Hi Steve, nice to see you're still around! The question is a bit broad so it's hard to give a solid anwser. In which part is this...
    It appears that MP somehow caches previously used subtitle files for subsequent use next time the same video is played. My problem...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
    I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
    I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom