How to install/Test 1.1.0 and svn builds (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Folks,
    I would to love help out with the testing of 1.1.0. In particular I would like to test some of the new WebEPG features which mirror some of the changes I have made to my 1.0.2 setup. But I really only have my main media PC to do this on. I also have a pretty good 1.0.2 setup. So my questions are.
    1. What is the best way to setup a test system given the above.
    2. How much of my current configuration is it possible to easily move to 1.1.0 (so can I export my channels and resordings using the TVServer export function).
    3. Is it possible to have a side by side install?

All the best

Andy

PS Sorry if this question has already been answered. I did try to find a good answer to the above first, honest!

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Andy,

1. What is the best way to setup a test system given the above.
    The safest way would be a dual boot, with separate partitions for system, test system and data. Any other way you risk messing up your working configuration.

2. How much of my current configuration is it possible to easily move to 1.1.0 (so can I export my channels and resordings using the TVServer export function).
    IIRC you can only export channels from 1.0.2, scheduled recordings and pretty much every other configuration setting will be lost.

3. Is it possible to have a side by side install?
    For MP client it is often doable but not recommended or supported as some dlls need registration and that means only one version can be loaded at one time.
    For TvServer it is not possible at all.
    So in sort don't do it!

Arion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom