how to keep chapters when ripping blu ray to .m2ts

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by montecristo, January 19, 2010.

1. montecristo

montecristo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    hi guys,

i managed to play blu ray (from HDD) in MP 1.0.2.0 with subtitles included.
    playing blu ray from the disc in MP is not working (yet) -> i know this is not supported in MP

but there is one thing thats kinda annoying.
    choosing chapters doesn't seem to work.
    what i did is copy a blu ray movie to HDD with dvdfab in a .M2TS file.
    so, as i understand this is no conversion but rather a copy of the movie (extra's not included).

is there a way i can rip my huge collection of 6 blu rays to .M2TS, MKV or any other format with chapters included and no loss of video and audio quality?
    and maybe something thats rather quick because the one blu ray rip i tried took me more than 3 hours.

regards,

Montecristo

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaybeam

Jaybeam Portal Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    It can be done if you demux the chapter file with eac3to and mux it into mkv with mkvmerge GUI.
    A how to guide can be found here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!