How to make powerscheduler work with auto-updating EPG? (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
Does anyone have a good system to automatically update the EPG when shutting the HTPC down between each recording with Freds plugin?

Right now I have to manually update my EPG once a week, and it gets pretty annoying to do this week after week.

I use TvXB/XMLTV but haven't been able to automate the process when using the powerscheduler also.

Any ideas to improve this?

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, no solution, but I would emphasize this requirement.
    I have added it to a feature- wish- list long ago.

An idea would be to temporarily suspend power- scheduler and then to update EPG in the background and to tell MP somehow to update its database with the newly arrived data.

I use WEBEPG for retrieval of EPG- data and rumours are around that it will be integrated in to MP - someday. So this problem would vanish.

There are also some workaround solutions in the German MP- forum, but they are all 'around' the solution.

Regards
    Gerd

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use PVR Scheduler (instead of PowerScheduler) and have it set so that it wakes my PC from standby (S3) every Thursday afternoon, updates the EPG with the next 10 days data, and then puts the PC back to standby. I use TvXB to grab the EPG data, and the whole process takes less than 3 minutes....

I can highly recommend PVR Scheduler.... :D

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm using WepEPG too, and the EPG in MP is updated without intervention, most of the times. Sometimes I do need to open the menu and tell it to update, but that has happened two times in months. The source for EPG in Spain only allows three days, so if it didn't work I would see it soon.

I am also running Power Scheduler, and I've set my PC to hibernate (because of lowest power consumption). It turns on automatically every day and runs WebEPG (MP is running all the time). In fact I've set up the power button of the PC to hibernate :) . I only need to reboot once every week or two weeks (or if an update requires it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom