How to map RC keys and asking for tagging program (1 Viewer)

mpab

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Alicante
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello. Just installed MP RC4 in a Gateway 7422GX and it run spretty well. Bought a generic MCE remote and began fiddling with it.
Previously I had Windows XP MCE installed. And all the keys in the remote did natively what I expected them to do. Still, I prefered MP over MCE because it recognizes all my file formats; even though it has no onscreen volume (to control with the mouse) or an universal search feature (such as the one in WMP or Winamp Library).
To my surprise, MP recognizes only the most basic keys in the remote: volume, left-right-up-down and menu. If I enable the tab for MCE keyboard then play, pause, stop, ff, rwd are enabled (though ff and rwd sort of hang the MP).
The green button restores and maximizes the MP (useless) and the "back" button just takes me to the uppermost selection in the current menu, which I then have to click. The "music", "video", "photo", etc. buttons do nothing, whilst in MCE they took me to the music, video or photo libraries.
I've tried activating each of the RC options, to no avail. It just doesn't do what I expect it to do, though it did perfectly under XP MCE. What can I do? Is there some program that can tell me exactly what does the PC read out of each key I press in the RC so that I can use the info to remap the MP?

Also, I'd like to ask if someone knows of an utility that allows drag-and-drop of chunks of files to have them retagged. Like it was done with WMP7 as long as I remember. Say I had a group of songs with an ID3 tag of author:"Led Zeppelin" and another group with author:"Zeppelin". I could drag all of the "Zeppelin" songs to the "Led Zeppelin" group and WMP would update the "author" field in every files' ID3 tag so that all of them read "Led Zeppelin". There's lot of utilities that allow a batch rename and retagging of files, but I liked the drag-and-drop approach much more.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom