How to play all videos inside a folder?? (2 Viewers)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi, i have a folder with videoclips and i would like to be able to play them all one after the other. is this possible? cause mp just plays one and then goes back to the menu.

thanks

p.s i dont want to create a playlist cause if i add any video i would have to update the playlist manually each time

ldanix

Portal Member
    May 22, 2007
    I too would like to know how to achieve this. If it is possible, it is not straight-forward. This would be a good addition to the next release.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP stacks files if you name them:

filename-CD1
    filename-CD2

It basically creates a temporary playlist, but MP only sees the 1 entry. I don't know if it works with -CD3, -CD4, etc. And it would still be a pain for you to update each time you add a clip.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MP stacks files if you name them:

filename-CD1
    filename-CD2

It basically creates a temporary playlist, but MP only sees the 1 entry. I don't know if it works with -CD3, -CD4, etc. And it would still be a pain for you to update each time you add a clip.

oh thats a possible solution but as u say it would be a pain, also to have to change the file name of all the videoclips.

no other solution to this?

piglot

October 25, 2007
    evening does this work for all off you when on a folder you click play ona mce remote it goes inside the dir or sould it be when you press play it starts directly the movie... thx in advance and i hope somone can help me out
    (inside the dir only one movie) greetz
    updating with some more info :if i switch vieuw to shares stacking unstacking works and play's he files but then i need to enter dir in dir to play the files ,if i switch vieuw to title it play's directly if just one file but not if two files guess stacking unstacking doesn't work their.please help thx in advance

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When I want to play all my videoclips in USCLIPS folder for example. I click ''info'' button on my remote or 2nd button of the mouse on the folder USCLIPS.

and voilà !

test.png

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    with the next version, the button play on remote start playing all files in folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom