How to quickly map scanned channels to other devices? (1 Viewer)

ChaosMageX

Portal Member
October 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I have a system with three SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US over-the-air tuners and one SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime 3 cable tuner.

I scanned for channels on one of the over-the-air tuners and one of the cable tuners, and now all the channels are mixed together in the TV Channels -> TV Mapping of the server configuration. It is taking super long to sift through all the channels and make sure the over-the-air ones are mapped to the other 5 over-the-air tuners, and the cable ones are mapped to the other 2 cable tuners. Is there a faster way to do this?

EDIT: Well, mapping the channels for the tuners was actually relatively quick compared to the living nightmare that is the Mapping tab of the XmlTv Plugin.

However, I still want to know if there is a plugin that could accelerate the mapping process by mapping channels scanned with one tuner over to another tuner with just a single click.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some websites propose to have a personal file (you choose what are channels in the .xml). An example for french country : It takes 2 minutes an 5 seconds for 4765 programs imported on my system : If...
Same as HTPCSourcer wrote, the process of this plugin is not a mass process. Depending where you download your xmltv.xml file, some...
I've finally finished mapping all the channels were scanned from my HDHomeRun over-the-air and cable tuners, which amounts to over...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description I am setting up a new Windows 10 Pro system to replace my old Windows 7 WMC server to be...
Replies
Views
Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though, as I'm using Channels as a backend for Plex with xTeVe as a virtual tuner. I've lost touch somewhat with what's going on with MePo, but Channels is being very actively developed (which is key, as there's a...
Would have been cool, but no. For this, and a few other reasons, I moved on to Channels DVR. More or less the same idea though...
Love MediaPortal 1! I've been using it for years, originally with the MePo client and for the last few years as a backend for...
Replies
Views
How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
I have so many symptoms that I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall and wipe everything and start over. #4 below is the only...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom