How to quit MP by remote button or KB command? (1 Viewer)

Ozviewer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    I know I can quit MP by using the direction arrows to select the X button on the GUI, but is there a way to program a remote (or use a KB command) to quit MP?

I have a Harmony One remote.

Also, is there a way to bring up the full epg by remote or KB command (not the mini epg).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ozviewer

You can use ALT+F4 to close any program, and MP should be no different. I'm not sure about getting to the full EPG although I'd imagine there is a shortcut...

mm

Ozviewer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Okay, thanks for that. I now have it worked out. I just needed to tell the Harmony remote to add 2 devices, a MCE Keyboard and a MCE SE Keyboard. It is the latter that has the key combinations. I can then choose between these devices in the activity (Watch TV) to generate the correct command. :D

:D

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

in standard "Microsoft MCE.xml" is quit MP (same like click on X button) mapped to "PowerTV" key and full EPG select is mapped to "Guide" key.

JiRo.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i did was map one of the extended buttons (like my radio) to the action "exit mediaportal". I also use an Harmony One remote, in the touchscreen I have an nice button "exit" which will only exit MP.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    What i did was map one of the extended buttons (like my radio) to the action "exit mediaportal". I also use an Harmony One remote, in the touchscreen I have an nice button "exit" which will only exit MP.

MP Config - section "Remote" - tab "Microsoft MCE" - button "Mapping". Under "Microsoft MCE Remote" is "Power TV" as first entry, which contains the function "End MP".

Use the "Power TV" kay for end MP or copy parameters to another selected entry for another key ("My Radio" as you mentioned). Another possibility is to directly edit a "Microsoft MCE.xml" file. It's faster, but you must know the codes and do it correctly, otherwise the MP will not work. Carefully edit the file in the data part of the MP, not in the program! I recommend you read the Wiki ...

End MP should be in the "Microsoft MCE.xml" as follows (default for "Power TV" key):

<button name="Power TV" code="101">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="POWER" cmdproperty="EXIT" sound="back.wav" />
    </button>

If you want set end MP to "My Radio" key, try edit "My Radio" entry similarly (new for "My Radio" key):

<button name="My Radio" code="80">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="POWER" cmdproperty="EXIT" sound="back.wav" />
    </button>

JiRo.

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, but its already working for me. I saw this thread and suggested to try and change the mapping of a button.

Your answer is even better (more details)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom