Codecs How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ? (1 Viewer)

cosmoo

October 2, 2007
Hi there !
My problem is as follows. I use Mediaportal on an Intel based Dual Core platform.
(Intel G45 express chipset)
I´ve used software decoding up until now with no problems at all with 1080p material. Anyway I want to use hardware decoding to relax the proc a little bit.

I use SAF and FFdshow. It works out just fine with about 3-5 % of processor use. The thing is that i want to resize 720 p to 1080p due to screen resolution.

I've tried to use Fffdshow standard filter in post processing in MP , that works but not the way I want to. I only resize 720p material and when It does that the processor goes up to 25-30 % which is normal of course . But when I play 1080p material and has postprocessing enabled in mp (I know its not recommended...)it seems like it uses ffdshow as well even though it´s not supposed to resize 1080p material, which of course makes the processor about 25-30 % . Another way to do this is to let MP resize 720 p material which works,but in many films I get very strange purple artifacts when I do that.

Hope you understand what Im getting at. I want to use DXVA with the benefits but still be able to resize only 720p material without getting 1080p material loose the hardware decoding. :D

/Adde

Tazzios

Portal Pro
November 7, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
how did you configure ffdshows resize options ?

What resize option do you mean in MP? I play al sort of content (SD, 720P, 1080I, 1080P) with out purple artifacts.
I've tried to use Fffdshow standard filter in post processing in MP
I should use the ffdshow configuration as suggested by SAF
But why do you want to resize?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
cosmoo:
If you are using SAF5 it is no problem to resize.
Start - SAF - FFDshow - Configure Video (DxVA) - Profiles - choose xSD - click on preset autoload conditions - and rise width and hight.

But question is why to do it? You wont notice any difference, you will only stress CPU a lot...

cosmoo

October 2, 2007
I want to resize because my resolution settings on my 1080p plasma tv is set to 1920X1080 and the result of that is that 720p material played in MP becomes a little sqaure on the tv. 1080p material is not a problem because it the same res as the tv. As I said I tried to use MP zoom settings (normal) with mostly bad result . I get purple artifacts when I do that. So I have to rezise 720p material somehow.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I want to resize because my resolution settings on my 1080p plasma tv is set to 1920X1080 and the result of that is that 720p material played in MP becomes a little sqaure on the tv.

What you describe sounds weird to me. I have never seen this behaviour myself. On my setup I play 480 or 720p material without any issues on a 1080p resolution. It is automatically shown full screen. Did you know there is a zoom function in MP. During playback you can press INFO or F9. This should present you with zoom options.

Otherwise, there is a plugin which is called IFC. Intelligent Frame Correction. >> LINK << You can try that as well to auto zoom for you.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I want to resize because my resolution settings on my 1080p plasma tv is set to 1920X1080 and the result of that is that 720p material played in MP becomes a little sqaure on the tv. 1080p material is not a problem because it the same res as the tv. As I said I tried to use MP zoom settings (normal) with mostly bad result . I get purple artifacts when I do that. So I have to rezise 720p material somehow.

Sounds like the FFDshow resize problem I get. Make sure you untick the resize options from the list on the left panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom