How to run MP after USBUIRT wake-up? (1 Viewer)

belzebutt

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
I configured my USBUIRT to wake up my PC from S3. However, I would like to be able to automatically launch Media Portal when I wake my PC using the USBUIRT.

Currently I do not run Media Portal all the time and I also keep my PC in S3 when not in use. When my Harmony remote turns on my "Watch Media Portal" activity it sends an IR signal to my PC which is interpreted as follows depending on the state of the PC:
- If the PC is on, Girder changes out put to TV and turns on Media Portal
- If the PC is sleeping (S3), USBUIRT wakes the PC using a wake up code. Then I manually have to launch Media Portal with the same IR code.

I would like to take this further by making sure that when I wake the PC using the USBUIRT Media Portal also gets launched. On MCE PCs the Start button on the remote not only wakes up the PC but also turns on the MCE application, and I'd like to emulate that functionality. How does MCE do it? Does the remote send another code to launch MCE after giving the PC enough time to wake up? I could do that but I'd prefer to just do everything with one code, since adding a delay ties up the remote and I have to keep it pointed the whole time, can't lower volume etc.

Note: I also use this PC for regular PC stuff, so I don't want to always launch Media Portal whenever I wake up from S3.

PS. I also posted this on the USBUIRT support forum but this one here seems far more active and I thought someone might have done this already, or can explain to me how MCE achieves this.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
You can use "ResumeOnSuspend" event from girder and create a command that launches Mediaportal everytime your PC wakeup from stanbye.

belzebutt

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
Molokoids said:
You can use "ResumeOnSuspend" event from girder and create a command that launches Mediaportal everytime your PC wakeup from stanbye.

Where in Girder is that event available? I use Girder 3.3.7, I could not find it under the OS, Girder or other tabs, maybe I didn't look hard enough. I tried searching for it on Google and on the Proximis forum but I could not find it.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
;) My bad, the correct term is "OnResumeSuspend"

By the "Learn events" box you have a drop-down list with "All" and "Girder event". Choose "Girder event" and hit "learn events".

Now you can choose "OnResumeSuspend"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom