How to set channel numbers (1 Viewer)

dsmp

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using media portal as my main device on my AV system...my config is only HTPC , HD TV and receiver with speakers....so far for dvds, music, videos, and dvds sotored on hard drive media portal does it very good and stable...for tv still we have some issues, but my question is:

How I can set the actual channel numbers to the channles, so my wife and son can go directly to a channel by typing the channel number on the remote just as a standar TV?

I have not mouse not keyboard, just the remote that works almost perfect, but I need select channels by actual channel numbers...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to media portal team!!

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Read this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...614.html?t=25614&highlight=sql+channel+number

Channel entry works from the guide screen after this, but as the end of the above thread says, channel entry from fullscreen TV won't work unless a dev picks up the code from the last poster & adds it to svn.

There's a channel reorder utility somehwere too, so you can put them all in numeric order afterwards, but you'll have to look around for that. It's run on the sql database just as the stuff above.

This channel numbering & ordering should be, & hopefully will be one day, part of the scanning process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom