How To / Setup Guide for MyEmulators2? (1 Viewer)

Peter Mee

Portal Member
August 28, 2013
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
All

Wondering if there's a set-up walkthrough or any documentation on how to get going with MyEmulators2?

I've been through this forum, the original thread, the project site etc. but don't see any how-tos, documentation or instructions?

It seems everyone here has a good working understanding of the tool from previous versions and there's a lot of shorthand references or help with very specific issues. I'm looking for the global overview.

I've got the plug-in installed and set up on Titan extended home screen in a GAMES folder. Now what?

I installed EA Origin and downloaded FIFA 14 Demo. Through trial & error, I managed to get that imported to the games screen (it registered as Fifa 13 for some reason) but I don't understand the purpose of the Emulators panel in set-up or the relationship between emulators & games.

I want to set up;

PC Games via Origin
PC Games via Steam
WII Games via Dolphin

Do I need 2x emulators set up for Origin / Steam or can I just ignore emulators altogether?
Is it necessary to add games individually & manually?

There's a lot of fields, tick boxes, settings and greyed-out panels in the plug-in config screens. Where is all this stuff documented?

It's probably all basic stuff once you've used this for a while but as a first time user, it's a little confuddled.

Thanks in advance..

Peter

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Currently there is no documentation but I have been meaning to create some - most of the fields/buttons in the configuration do have a basic description if you hover the mouse over them though.

For PC games you do not need to create a new emulator as those are covered by the built in PC Games 'emulator'. You can manually add individual games by clicking the green plus sign on the games tab and selecting PC Games as the emulator, if you specify 'Send to importer' the games will appear in the importer tab and the plugin will attempt to retrieve online info for them - they will not appear in the games tab until they have either been successfully imported or you select 'Add as a blank game' from the importer. You can also specify a directory that contains shortcuts to the game executables by updating the rom directory for the PC emulator in the emulators tab and ensure that the filter is set as '*.lnk' - the plugin will then automatically import all shortcuts in this directory.

For dolphin you will need to create a new emulator by pressing the green plus sign on the emulators tab and follow the wizard, specifying Wii as the platform, '/e %ROM%' as the arguments and pointing the plugin to the directory containing the roms, the plugin should then import the games as above.

The setup is basically the same for all other emulators except that the arguments will be different - configurations for most common emulators can be found in this thread.

If you need further explanation let me know.

Peter Mee

Portal Member
    August 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Currently there is no documentation but I have been meaning to create some - most of the fields/buttons in the configuration do have a basic description if you hover the mouse over them though.

For PC games you do not need to create a new emulator as those are covered by the built in PC Games 'emulator'. You can manually add individual games by clicking the green plus sign on the games tab and selecting PC Games as the emulator, if you specify 'Send to importer' the games will appear in the importer tab and the plugin will attempt to retrieve online info for them - they will not appear in the games tab until they have either been successfully imported or you select 'Add as a blank game' from the importer. You can also specify a directory that contains shortcuts to the game executables by updating the rom directory for the PC emulator in the emulators tab and ensure that the filter is set as '*.lnk' - the plugin will then automatically import all shortcuts in this directory.

For dolphin you will need to create a new emulator by pressing the green plus sign on the emulators tab and follow the wizard, specifying Wii as the platform, '/e %ROM%' as the arguments and pointing the plugin to the directory containing the roms, the plugin should then import the games as above.

The setup is basically the same for all other emulators except that the arguments will be different - configurations for most common emulators can be found in this thread.

If you need further explanation let me know.

Many thanks for coming back with a useful overview.

I have it working now (I think!) but will check back if any further issues arise.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom