Codecs How to specify delays and volumes of analog audio outputs? (1 Viewer)

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I connected my PC to my AV receiver using analog outputs (5.1), but I haven't found so far a way to specify volumes or delays for different channels. Sound chip is ALC889a. Is there a way to accomplish this somehow?

thamule

Portal Member
    September 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I connected my PC to my AV receiver using analog outputs (5.1), but I haven't found so far a way to specify volumes or delays for different channels. Sound chip is ALC889a. Is there a way to accomplish this somehow?

I use the ffdshow audio decoder in SAF, and there I have a choosing of delay for each channel. I do NOT know if this is recomended by the more experienced users, but I've managed to make it work. Maybe someone can comment on that? Looks like this:

EDIT:
    I did this due to the slight delay I get from using the functions on my Samsung LED tv. The sound is a bit early so i' ve delayed all channels...

Attachments

• Mediaportal audio configuration.JPG
      Mediaportal audio configuration.JPG
      233.2 KB

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I use the ffdshow audio decoder in SAF, and there I have a choosing of delay for each channel. I do NOT know if this is recomended by the more experienced users, but I've managed to make it work. Maybe someone can comment on that? Looks like this:

EDIT:
    I did this due to the slight delay I get from using the functions on my Samsung LED tv. The sound is a bit early so i' ve delayed all channels...

Thanks. This should do the trick with MP.

I would also like to use Arcsoft TMT3, and it doesn't utilize DirectShow. Would be great to do this somehow for that one also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom