How to start writing your own plugin part 1 available (1 Viewer)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Media Portal is searching for new developers to help development and fullfill all the feature requests we have seen in the forums. To help new developers we created a wiki page that describe recommended coding standards and a quick "How-To" guide to get you started with your new Plugin.

For MediaPortal 1 please visit MediaPortal1 Development - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

For TV Server please visit TV-Server Development - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Frodo

Note. This post was edited on 6 Mar 08 with revised links to the wiki

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    aasmund Nordal said:
    Is this guide compatible with rc4?
    I noticed that you linked to ( http://www.wincvs.org/ )
    but you use svn now and not cvs.

Afraid its not for RC4. Feel free to have a look at my Stocks plugin for how to write a simply plugin. Joey70 kindly fixed it to work with RC4

Egon

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Too bad, I would like to try and write a plugin for burnong with Nero! Downloading the SVN works by the way. I made a mistake before. No password needed.

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Bram said:
    Too bad, I would like to try and write a plugin for burnong with Nero! Downloading the SVN works by the way. I made a mistake before. No password needed.

If you do, have a look at the MyBurner plugin and use that as a basis :)

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have no experience programming in C# at all. And very little in C++ and C. So this will be a learning project for me. Thanx for the tip. But does MyBurner use nero to?

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Bram said:
    I have no experience programming in C# at all. And very little in C++ and C. So this will be a learning project for me. Thanx for the tip. But does MyBurner use nero to?

Havent a clue! Im using my Stock plugin to learn C# too so welcome to the club. Just saw that you posted on the Download page that it doesnt work with RC4. Give me half an hour and I will try to fix that. Joey70 fixed my code....so I can diff the differences and add them to the MyBurner code for you.

Egon

p.s. to save us filling up the Plugin tutorial thread, suggest we PM each other from now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom