How to stop MP server going to sleep, whilst listening to music? (1 Viewer)

dans1982

Portal Member
September 8, 2008
Home Country
England England
I've managed to setup power scheduler with alot of success, but I'd like my computer to shutdown after 4 or 5 mins once it has finished recording.

However, I do not want it to shutdown if I'm doing other things through Mp! For example, listening to music or watching a slideshow of my images.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Dan

Frenchy2k1

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Bay Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
you can configure in the plug-in which running program should disable the event of going into hibernation.
You could add the MP client to the list. The downside is that if you forget it, the PC will not go to sleep.

dans1982

Portal Member
September 8, 2008
Home Country
England England
I will try that.

I guess the only issue is when the computer resumes to record, I will have to make sure MP client is not re-started. Otherwise it will not sleep once the recording has finished.

Dan

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
You can also configure the plugin to only allow standby in MP home window.

This sholuld solve the problem without the record/standby issue.

dans1982

Portal Member
September 8, 2008
Home Country
England England
I dont use the client plug-in though. I only use the TV server plagin.

Should i be using the cleint plug-in as well? (works well enough without it)!

jestermgee

Portal Pro
February 23, 2008
In a house
Home Country
This isn't spcific to this topic but it's a method I use for my mega media setup.

My media server is in my studio and it collects dust under a desk. It holds all my music, movies and TV shows. It doesn't do TV recording, that's done on my HTPC.

I use a number of different software solutions on my HTPC and I wanted my media server to only shutdown when not needed.

I tried Hibernator which monitors CPU, Disk and Network activity but I could never get it quite right. Either the server would shutdown when listning to MP3s or never at all.

On the HTPC the only thing I could get to reliably indicate that it wasn't being used was the screensaver. Unfortinatelly MP disables the screensaver when it is open but when it is closed the screensaver is free to run. I only use MP for TV viewing so if I am not watching live TV or recordings, MP is not open and my other software does not disable the screensaver unless watching or listning to music.

So I have a batch script that runs on my server and checks every HTPC client to see if it's online and if the screensavers are running. After 30 minutes of the screensaver active, the server shuts down.

This works perfectly and has done for about 4 months. My HTPC is always online but the power hungry server full of HDDs is only on when I want media and is fully automated.

If anyone is interested in my script then I am willing to share if you PM me.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom