how to tell MCE to learn IR codes? (1 Viewer)

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
I had a standard def tuner box, when installing it in MCE it asked me to learn the IR code for it. (worked great at changing the channels on my satellite box).

I've since removed it and gone to a HD-PVR so that I can record and see HD tv in media center. (this works) but while installing this new tuner box MCE never asked to learn any IR codes. So I can't change channels on my 222k Dish satellite box.

I've purchased a Pinnacle MCE remote just to get the blaster. MCE still doesn't want to learn or ask me about IR codes. Any ideas how I can get media center to change channels on my external satellite box? Via a IR blaster would be the only way I can think of. But without MCE asking to learn the remote codes for the sat-box. I'd have to run some other plug in or software along with MCE?

recsa

December 26, 2010
Home Country
Spain Spain
Sadly IRSS plugin is one of many that has no update for MP 1.1.2 version, so better you dont have latest vers.

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
wow like pull'n teeth to get info. So read it - got IRSS - said it needed MP - installed MP (latest) why not? oh cuz can't get IRSS to work on latest.
hmmm spent most of the day configuring this thing - now it's not gonna work? Anyone have a HD-PVR and satellite box that cares to help out?

thanks - been trying to do this for about 10 days now.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sadly IRSS plugin is one of many that has no update for MP 1.1.2 version, so better you dont have latest vers.

Not true, I use IRRS with MP 1.1.2 without any problems....

wow like pull'n teeth to get info. So read it - got IRSS - said it needed MP - installed MP (latest) why not? oh cuz can't get IRSS to work on latest.
    hmmm spent most of the day configuring this thing - now it's not gonna work? Anyone have a HD-PVR and satellite box that cares to help out?

thanks - been trying to do this for about 10 days now.

So whats the problem exactly? Did you teach your Remote's codes to IRSS? What happens if you send a test-blast...does the IR-transmitter blink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom