[solved] How to uninstall fanart completely? Pictures still downloaded again and again after uninstallation (1 Viewer)

M.Hulot

Portal Pro
April 23, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a huge Problem with fanart handler. I uninstalled the plugin, but every time I open Moving Pictures the background Pictures were still there. I deleted them manually in the Folders and everything was fine as long as I wasn't online. Just the Moving Pictures Main menu showed some background Pictures in some categories. But when I went back online all the Pictures were downloaded again.
How could this be? The program/plugin was uninstalled with "Extensions"

Suggestions Welcome ;-)

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry | Priv mit Tapatalk

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Is this simply the case that MovingPictures is downloading the image - in MovingPicture config, how many covers are you downloading [Artwork section of Importer tab]?

Cheers - JCMP.

M.Hulot

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uninstalled the app/plugin with Extensions. So I thought MovingPictures Config couldn't be installed, still. At the Moment I am not on my computer, that's because I ask about MovPic config

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

I took it that you just uninstalled the fanart handler plugin, MovingPictures is entirely separate plugin [use of fanart in MovingPictures section is controlled by skin {fairly sure:-}] and will down load it's own artwork.

As and when you get opportunity to check your PC, look at the MovingPictures config - I think once you look at it, it will all become clear.

Cheers - JCMP

M.Hulot

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did it a few times, believe me. I couldn't figure out, where I had to change something.
    Please give me a hint ;)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok, no problem.

Shutdown MediaPortal.

Open MediaPortal Configuration.

Select plugins.

On the plugins page, right click MovingPictures and select Configuration from menu.

In 'Moving Pictures Configuration' you will see 5 tabs - 'Movie Manager', 'Movie Importer', 'GUI Settings', 'Importer Settings' & 'About'.

Select 'Importer Settings'

In the Artwork: section, set "Maximum number of coveres to download per movie:" to 0.

Quit the 'Moving Pictures Configuration' and exit 'MediaPortal Configuration' by pressing OK.

Once you have re-removed the files, restart 'MediaPortal' & I think that should solve your problem.

Cheers - JCMP.

M.Hulot

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your answer. I will try it immediatly.
    But doesn't that mein, that no covers at all will be downloaded?
    I would like to have the covers for the movies, but not the backgrounds.

EDIT: Cleared the cache in thumbs/movingpictures/backdrops/fullsize and set the number to 0. But the Backdrops are back again.

Last edited:

M.Hulot

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    StreamedMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom