Howto delete a movie if "When movie is clicked: Play movie" is enabled (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

How can I delete a movie if "When movie is clicked: Play movie" is enabled? Where can I access the delete menu? Or is the delete menu only available when in details? If this is the case, can it be changed so I can delete in listview, facede... as well?

Thank you for a great plugin!

Best Regards
    cul8er

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You should be able to press the "Info" button on your remote or press F3 on the keyboard to goto the details page.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been wondering about this too. I can't access the details page if it's turned off in the configuration. The only things showing when I press the "info" button is the view and sort options.

whiskaz

Portal Member
    February 1, 2008
    Hit F3 on your keyboard. You may need to map that keystroke to a button on your remote, depending on how your remote is configured (e.g. what software you use to drive it).

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards
    cul8er

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You should be able to press the "Info" button on your remote or press F3 on the keyboard to goto the details page.
    The Info button on a standard MCE-remote is the same as F9 (context menu) where you have no option for details view and there is no other way to access the details page with just the remote.
    Therefore, it would be much appreciated to have the option to view details page also on the normal context menu.

Love your work, just waiting for logosupport now, everything else works great. :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I posted info about this on the issue tracker, but I think we are not going to take any action on this. With default behavior there are two buttons to goto the details view (the select button and the info button, on the keyboard ENTER and F3 respectively), and there is one button to play the movie (the play button). Changing functionality so that pressing select (ENTER) means that there would then be one way to show details (the info button, F3) and two ways to play the movie (pressing select, i.e. ENTER, and the play button, i.e. P).

The show info action (F3) is a standard MediaPortal action that is also used by other plug-ins such as MyVideos. If this is not mapped to a button on your remote, I would suggest either remapping a button on your remote for this action, or switching back to the click to details functionality. For what it's worth the action tied to the show info functionality is called ACTION_SHOW_INFO.

Sorry guys, I think this is just a configuration issue and accessing the details view is already possible even when you enable the "click to play" functionality. So I think we will not be making a change for this. If anyone has a suggestion for a new key to map to the show info functionality we will consider it, but we will not be adding a new menu item on the main context menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom