Howto enable subtitles on DVB-C? (1 Viewer)

eztoril

October 31, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

When watching my DVB-C channels (Canal +, though ComHem, Sweden), no subtitles are on. I have seached in this forum, but couldn't find anything concerning how to turn on subtitles. An old post (~2 years old) said something about subtitle support wasn't yet implemented, but much could have happened since then...

Please, how do I enable subtitling on my digital channels?

My setup:
------------
Mediaportal 0.2.3 + SVN 26/8
TV-Server 0.3 beta + SV 26/8
Windows XP SP2
Card1: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR150
Card2: Twinhan CAB-CI DVB-C (2031) + Conax CAM

Some useful details missing? please ask. Thanks in advance!

BR Martin

eztoril

October 31, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the ver. 6 of the filter application and followed the install instructions. However, no subtitles are seen when watching DVB-C channels! Should I enable the filter in some way?

Thanks in advance!

BR Martin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the ver. 6 of the filter application and followed the install instructions. However, no subtitles are seen when watching DVB-C channels! Should I enable the filter in some way?

The forum thread that ronilse linked contains all the needed installation instructions for installing / using the DVB subtitle filter (that's currently a beta).

It's possible that the broadcaster is sending only teletext based DVB subtiltes and those aren't currently supported. Ziphnor is already working on the teletext based DVB subtitle support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom