[HowTo] Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcut'er [E] (1 Viewer)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    • | Logitech Harmony One | Soundgraph IMon Pad Remote Controller | MCE Remote |
    • | Shortcut'er | Soundraph iMON Software | Harmony Software | .imo | Profil |
    Dieses Tutorial gibt es auch in Deutsch: klick mich

The structure of this guide is based on the PDFs below, which contain tables showing the functions of the buttons across all programs (sorted by ID-Number).

Comments and suggestions to improve this Guide are Welcome!
    I will also expand the new FAQ on demand.

Pictures:
    • Harmony One with ID Numbers
    05kleiner.png

• Display 1-2 with ID Numbers
    display12w.png

• Display 2-2 with ID Numbers
    display22.png

• Shortcut'er Config
    erconfig.png

1. Hardware Condition
    • 7" LCD Touch Display from Soundgraph (like Zalman HT160xt plus Cases)
    LCD / VFD Display (little blue one) with iMON Pad Remote: may have change to this thread
    • iMON Inside IR receiver (previously called Veris Basic) - manufacturer: Soundgraph
      Any one of these remote controls:
    • iMON Pad Remote Control (also known as 'RM 200') - manufacturer: Soundgraph
    • MCE Remote (Note the MCE IR receiver module is not used) - manufacturers: various
    • Harmony One Remote Control - manufacturer: Logitech

2. Introduction

I use the Logitech Harmony One Remote, together with the Soundgraph Software: iMON. This I have configured as MCE Remote.
    The iMon pad remote unfortunately has a few bad habits that make it impossible to use smoothy in MediaPortal.
    If you have an iMon Pad (RM 200) remote control from Soundgraph, I recommend using a MCE Remote instead.

This short guide should help you understand the different program settings.

3. Required Software
    This software is required for infrared and display drivers by Soundgraph.
    (only needed for the Logitech remote)
    In order to map special keys such as: 'full screen', change 'aspect ratio' or go to 'moving pictures'

4. Let's start..

iMON
    Install the iMON Software without iMedian. IMedian is a separate madia player application, and it is not needed to support MediaPortal.
    Download my iMON Profile.
    Click the Restore button and choose the folder containing the downloaded profile. This will import all iMON settings including the key definitions for the two remotes (MCE and iMON pad). The iMON settings shown here are for reference. They are configured automatically when you load my profile using Restore.
    Settings > Remote Controller > Switch to 'MCE Remote'
    Settings > Program Command > Switch to 'MediaPortal' - Here you will find the key assignments.

Special Commands:
    Settings > Window Command > 'Quick Launch' is allocated to 'Media Center' button (FYI the 'Media Center' button is sometime called "The Green Button".)
    Settings > Window Command > 'Run Resolution Changer' is allocated to 'Live TV' button
    Settings > Window Command > 'Close Application' is allocated to 'Radio' button
    Settings > Power Management Command > 'System Standby' is allocated to 'Power' button

Since my HTPC is actively used for entertainment, and my remote is working well, I'm no longer experimenting with settings and do not need any software updates:
    Option > Version / Update > select 'Don't Check Update Information'

iMON Utilities > FrontView > deactivate FrontView (not support by MediaPortal)
    iMON Utilities > Application Launcher > Add 'Mediaportal.exe' and select 'Quick Lunch' to start this App with one button (see FAQ).
    iMON Utilities > Resolution Changer > '1920 x 1080' and '1280 x 720'

Logitech Harmony One
    Install Harmony SW.
    Under 'tab equipment' you can add all your devices like TV, A/V Receiver or Disc Players. For the use of the MCE remote, you need to add 'Microsoft Windows Media Center'. Now you can refer to my PDF to adjust the keys. The Devices is only for registration of devices. Therefore it is after registration that you use 'tab action' to map the buttons, e.g. create a 'new action' like 'MediaPortal'.

Shortcut'er
    For information and function of Shortcut'er follow the links above.
    Download this useful Plugin and install it.
    Now open 'MediaPortal Configuration > Plugins > Shortcut'er' to adjust all Parameters as in the picture above (or PDF).

Tip: The MediaPortal wiki has more interesting shortcuts to customize your preferred key action.​

5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    • Button 'Back' doesn't work
      Problem:
      The 'Back' button on remote does not work as expected. (It does not take you to the previous screen.)
      Solution:
      Have a look at the File: 'MCE_button BACK_doesn't work.txt'
    • How to delete an item with the remote?
      Solution:
      Have a look at the File: 'MCE_button Delete item_doesn't work.txt'
    • How to make iMON control any window that has focus?
      Problem:
      When the application assigned to 'Quick Launch' is running (namely MediaPortal), and you switch focus to a different application, iMON only sends commands to the Quick-Launch application. (Note: This behavior is by design.)
      Solution:
      To control a different application that has focus:
      iMON Utilities > Application Launcher > Disable 'Exclusive Mode' option.
    Thanx to Larzon for his English support and suggestions! :D

Attachments

• MCE Remote__HarmonyOne_Soundgraph v0.6.pdf
      157.8 KB
    • IMon Pad Remote__HarmonyOne_Soundgraph v0.6.pdf
      141.9 KB
    • iMON Profiles _v4.zip
      78.2 KB
    • MCE_button BACK_doesn't work.txt
      572 bytes
    • MCE_button Delete item_doesn't work.txt
      557 bytes

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcut'er

Great! Thanks for starting English version of thread.

Do you know how the iMON resolution changer works, i.e. is it better/different than MediaPortal's native Zoom function?

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcut'er

iMON Resolution Changer make it possible to change the screen resolution with the remote control.
    The one from MediaPortal will change the Aspect Ratio (like 4:3; 16:9...).

g0rsq

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcut'er

Hi

On similar note, can i add my settings for similar set-up

iMON (LCD), Harmony (MCE) Shortcuter Mini display Mediaportal

Not so well written, but might contain additional useful information!:oops:

peter

Attachments

• Harmony iMON Mediaportal.pdf
      444 KB

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcu

The one from MediaPortal will change the Aspect Ratio (like 4:3; 16:9...).
    MediaPortal does resizing too, so it sounds like they do similar things. I wonder if the iMON resolution changer uses the CPU or GPU? This could have a big impact on some systems depending on the relative computing power of the two components.

In my locale I get a number of over-the-air channels in 720p, and there are just a couple of 1080i channels. All are 16:9 aspect ratio. For 720 programs I see a black border if MePo Zoom is set to Original. However if I toggle to Normal mode, the picture is automatically resized to 1080 to fill the screen, much like a stand-alone television does.

When the resizing is "done by MePo" I assume the work is sent to the GPU. (Does anyone know this?) I always leave it in Normal mode for TV, and I only need to adjust zoom for certain DVDs.

Tip: To change the Zoom mode in MePo using the MCE remote and iMON, create a function in iMON to send key "S" when you press a remote button. Choose any free button; I chose Live TV.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcut'er

Aspect Ratio (button ID: 40.6) is based on the source
    It is not quite so simple: On a system with good graphics components, TV and Video play was always calculated from the GPU. This mean: Videocards and the appropriate codec must support: DXVA. Only on this way you get the best system/video performance. To ensure a high level resolve user-friendliness, I have the plugin 'Intelligent Frame Correction' running. Consequently, you can in the Aspect Ratio (MePo) always toggle 'Normal Mode', as this plugin always compares the source (like over-the-air TV) with your television and it adjusts automatically, so that you doesn't see black borders anymore (much like a stand-alone television). You have 2 various sources (Aspect Ratio's). I receive over the TV cable at least 6 different's. More important is the plugin that this task master well.

Resolution Changer (button ID: 40.2) is based on the screen resolution (and was fix)
    This is not the same function as Aspect Ratio! This will change only the screen resolution and was always the same. but, the aspect ratio can changes often, depending on the source (4:3; 16:9; 21:9; Progressive or Interlanced).

Hi

On similar note, can i add my settings for similar set-up

iMON (LCD), Harmony (MCE) Shortcuter Mini display Mediaportal

Not so well written, but might contain additional useful information!:oops:

peter

Dear Peter, thank you for your suggestion.
    It would be interesting to extend good ideas in my first thread, rather than to post a completely different instruction here. that would help many more.

Btw, on which band you are activ as radio amateur? i have see your QRZ.
    i'am working in swiss office federal of communication 'ofcom' (division radio monitoring) and have much to do with your genre. :D

cheers bribbon

g0rsq

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Bribbon

I posted seperate information, as didnt want to distract from your original posting with more detailed information. I think my information might help give other ideas. it is not intended to compete with your instructions or guidance! (Hardware configuration is slightly different, but similare issues!

I operate digital modes on 30m-10m but not very active due to interference from PLT and plasma :mad:

Our regulator is soft pussycat, and not taking regulation of spectrum or EMC compliance serious.

Big business can wipe out HF no problem (no enforcement). :mad:

I hope you regulate and enforce EMC regulations in Swiss :)

Peter

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Re: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcu

Bribbon

I posted seperate information, as didnt want to distract from your original posting with more detailed information. I think my information might help give other ideas. it is not intended to compete with your instructions or guidance! (Hardware configuration is slightly different, but similare issues!
    Now it is time to excuse me. What I really meant is if you have any suggestions that I should extend directly above (from your view). It is not too easy to express myself in English :oops:

I operate digital modes on 30m-10m but not very active due to interference from PLT and plasma :mad:

Our regulator is soft pussycat, and not taking regulation of spectrum or EMC compliance serious.

Big business can wipe out HF no problem (no enforcement). :mad:

I hope you regulate and enforce EMC regulations in Swiss :)

Peter
    Unfortunately, this is a very big problem.
    I recently had with an employee in a pc shop. we took HF measurements on all Televisions (LCD + Plasma). It was really gross to looking the HF spectra.
    I understand your concerns (chargers for mobile phones, etc) are unfortunately produced very cheap.
    For you as an radio amateur (KW + MW), this is certainly not funny. We are often by amateur's at home to clear such disturbances.

thamule

Portal Member
    September 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Shortcut'er
    For information and function of Shortcut'er follow the links above.
    Download this useful Plugin and install it.
    Import the Config-File 'ShortCuter.xml' under following path:
    < C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal >
    Now open 'MediaPortal Configuration > Plugins > Shortcut'er'. So you can compare with the Image: 'Shortcut'er Config.png' (below) to make sure each setting is correct.

Thanks A LOT for this!

But where do I get the file "Shortcuter.xml"?
    I didn't understand that, so I looked at the shortcuter config.png and wrote that in to my own config. Seemed to work ok, but I didn't manage to write all the commands in.

And one more thing. How do I navigate back to the movie, when I've pushed the "back"-button? I can navigate in menus, but I don't seem to be able to get back to watching the movie....
    I'm using StreamedMP and Moving pcitures plugin.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: Re: Tutorial: Harmony One // iMon Pad (RM200) Soundgraph // MCE Remote // Shortcu

But where do I get the file "Shortcuter.xml"?
    I didn't understand that, so I looked at the shortcuter config.png and wrote that in to my own config. Seemed to work ok, but I didn't manage to write all the commands in.
    I must change this point (Shortcut'er.xml). New is: to write them all yourself. What works for you.. :)
    And one more thing. How do I navigate back to the movie, when I've pushed the "back"-button? I can navigate in menus, but I don't seem to be able to get back to watching the movie....
    I'm using StreamedMP and Moving pcitures plugin.
    Switch back to Movie/TV Fullscreen is allocated to: 'Fullscreen-button' (ID: 40.5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom