HP MCE Remote + Receiver/Blaster Combo -> Will this work with MP/XP Pro SP3? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PC Remote Control +HP USB IR Receiver Windows Vista MCE - eBay (item 230339132188 end time Oct-20-09 20:56:08 PDT)

bbgilqi6.jpg

dzk1ryf9.jpg

Anyone tried this remote/receiver combo?
    I already have an IR receiver, but i want to use the blaster to control my TV/Receiver,
    so I can use my imon remote to turn on/off the TV/Receiver and control the receiver volume.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi kiwijunglist,
    Did you try this reicever???i am also interesting to buy it, i have an harmony 555 and i wondering if this will work with my remote and with mediaportal,if anyone have this receiver it would be nice to answer.
    Thanks

VASkO

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    i got it and it works fine under windows7 without any additional drivers. just added id 28 and 29 for * and # keys to input mappings file. all keys working with default MP support. it has a blaster IR included.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i got it and it works fine under windows7 without any additional drivers. just added id 28 and 29 for * and # keys to input mappings file. all keys working with default MP support. it has a blaster IR included.

Thanks for your comment VASkO, this was the reply I needed to buy the remote control.

Do you know if the HP IR Receiver works fine with a Harmony 880 remote control using it as a MCE remote??

Many thanks for your help and experience, regards.

Aitor

VASkO

Portal Member
    September 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    in my oppinion it should as it's a MCE remote kit. allthough i don't know how harmony 880 works in MCE mode.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    in my oppinion it should as it's a MCE remote kit. allthough i don't know how harmony 880 works in MCE mode.

Thanks!!! But, which is the Win7 version you are using? 32 or 64 bits?

Do you have any doubleclicking or unexpected response when using the remote in Mediaportal?

I think that that's enought, sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.

Regards,

Aitor

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I bought one today, will let you know how it goes with MP + XP SP3

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi guys..

Today arrived my hp usb receiver i buy only the receiver.I setup my harmony 555 remote for mediaportal and then i setup the mediaportal as mce remote.
    everything works perfect exept the previous channel,when i hit previous channel button then mediaportal goes to channel list,also when i click the on/off button of the remote the pc goes on standbye how can i change this to hibernate.

Any idea how to fix 2 too small issues??

Thanks
    Nikos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom