Ongoing HTPC Build help please (1 Viewer)

dribbler1

Portal Member
June 23, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some expert advice with what hardware I need for my HTPC build.

Here is some info:

1. Firstly its strictly 100% HTPC no gaming at all
2. I already have a case http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc2000.htm with the optional LED
3. I want it to play 1080p movies in .mkv .avi or any other main format flawlessly
4. I want to be able to play blu-ray without a problem
5. regardless of where my sound comes from (sound card or on-board) I want top quality sound using optical out which will go straight to my 7.1 surround sound system
6. I want to record live TV in HD
7. I want to play online content
8. I want a motherboard that will take up to 6 hard drives as well as having all the connections to connect everything on the cases front panel
9. I will be running windows 7 ultimate
10. Anything else you guys recommend that I missed

I'm not looking for a budget system... I want the best for my needs.

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Most challeging will be Playback of 1080i, Dincer deinterlacing is Hard. I use an AMD A8 APU with a gigabyte board, works fine.

dribbler1

Portal Member
    June 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Most challeging will be Playback of 1080i, Dincer deinterlacing is Hard. I use an AMD A8 APU with a gigabyte board, works fine.

Forgive me as I am a bit out of touch.... So from what I read an APU replaces the need for a graphics card, is that correct? and by what your saying it will handle my needs above?

I forgot to mention that I want to be able to play online content as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom