HTPC Case Advice (1 Viewer)

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I am looking into building a HTPC
    I have decided on most of the components, but would like your opinions on what case to use

The components I intend to use are as follows:

Gigabyte 780G motherboard
    AMD 4850e CPU
    320GB Hard Drive
    2GB DDR2-800 RAM

I was considering the following cases, but am open to any suggestions, although I want to have it match my stereo system, so it needs to be normal stereo component dimensions:

Thermaltake Mozart SX
    Lian-Li C-36
    Silverstone ML01 (can I use this case with a desktop processor?)

Thanks for your advice

Tine

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Kranj
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hy,

I have Mozart (Big version, not sx). In overall it's good case and cheap, that's the main reason why i bought it. But it has some cons.
    - Built in vents are pretty loud.
    - Status leds (HDD, Power) are just to bright so some modification need to be done
    - It's pretty low quality make
    - Big

But even if there's so many mistakes i'm happy with it. I really didn't want to pay too much for case. So quality/price ratio is good i guess.

Regards, Tine

Onecanuck

August 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I built an HTPC on using the Thermaltake DH-101, MediaHD IR Display and remote with a dual Core CPU on an Asus P5N7A-VM(HDMI) motherboard. I installed the Hitatchi 1TB Sata Drive, with a separate 40GB Drive for the Operating System and a BlueRay-HD-DVD Burner. I find the Thermaltake case extremely well designed and the finish and fit are of high quality. The IMON MediaHD, although not currently supported by MediaPortal, can still be used to get around the system as a mouse.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Thermaltake HTPC case. Good Luck and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom