HTPC-Case with more HDD? (1 Viewer)

MB2RX

July 4, 2010
Hello,

i am looking for a HTPC-case which could handle more than the usual 1-2 hard discs.
I don't care a lot about design - so i looked out for a midi-tower-case, but if i lay this horizontally i thin i would get some problems with the disc drive :(.

Does anyone have any idea which case i could use? It should take at least 4 HDDs!
And it should be as cheap as possible ;)

Thanks a lot.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HTPC-Case with more HDD?

Hi,

you shoud have a look at the Antec Remote Fusion Max. You can install 4 Hdds by default plus one behind the lcd with an adapter.
    It isen't cheap but worth the money. I recently bought it.

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Check out Silverstone cases - I have an LC17 case which has 6 x 3.5" internal bays and 2 x 5.25" external bays (can fit an hdd in these with 5.25->3.5" adapter). At one point I did have 7 x hdd in the case.

Other Silverstone cases use the same chassis, so there is a wide choice.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't recommend silverstone cases (I own Silverstone LC16-MR), reason being is the remote / vfd have crap compatibility, however if you buy one with the view that you may throw away the remote and the vfd has poor driver support then they are ok cases. The newer silverstone cases have an MCE compatible receiver, which may be better.

Don't forget you can also buy adapter that lets you mount 3 x 3.5" drives in 2 x 5.25" bays.

I really like antec NSK2400 / NSK2480 but it only has 2 x 5.25 + 2 x 3.5 bays.
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Antec_NSK2400_Fusion

Also consider the antec P180/P181/P182/P183 it can be placed on it's side and you can use the cd drive mounted in the vertical position.
    It was designed with the help of people from SPCR so it's uber quiet
    It takes 6 x internal 3.5" HDD and externally it has an additional 4 x 5.25" and 1 x 3.5" (latest version P183 also takes 2x2.5" SSD)
    It takes 120mm fans, and has fan filters that are easily removable for cleaning without pulling the case apart.

Also consider Antec Mini P180 if you have mATX case.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Ahhhh the Antec Fusion Remote without the fusion remote..... ;)

Yes I have to agree on the imon LCD / VFD part. I eventually gave up getting the LCD on my LC16 working correctly with the mini display plugin. BUT I do like the integrated IR receiver, and the imon remote has a few more dedicated buttons you can assign to functions like fullscreen / subtitles on/off which is handy, and I've never had any integration issues with that part.

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Some user (a good looking user mind you ;) ) posted a video to his 20TB HTPC-server.

Post here

If it's totally overkill for what you're after, then my apologies for cluttering your thread..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom