Portal Member
September 7, 2006
Hello
Ive spent over a year perfecting my little box

3200xp
7600gs --> huge increase in tv qualitly over my 6800
2 gig ram
etc etc

im happy with it as far as tv gos, but am wanting to do more with it than pasively watch tv, so ive been putting games onto it, and with the aid of my trusty Logitech rumble pad and profiling software ive managed to put most of my games on it using the my program directory list option i just drop a short cut and its active in mp

quake 3/4
bf 1942/2/2142
half life 1/2 plus all the rest from steam
NFS carbon
Fifa etc etc

plus emus of course, but as im stuck with my 28 inch sony wega crt for a while longer im having trouble reading some of the text even when set to lowest resolutions from across the room mmo's are really bad for this well ones ive tried. just wondering if anyone had sugestions for good pc games that are functional in this area??? good bad what ever and recomendations greatfully recived.

:D
Dcope

phertiker

Portal Member
June 29, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
NHL 2007 is a total blast on the HTPC. Any driving game, I'd suggest Trackmania United (and I see you've got Carbon on there). A lot of those Reflexive-type mini games are fun little party games.

Also, get the Windows version of Geometry Wars and then go find the XP patch (unless you're a crazy person and run Vista). Fun party game right there, although you may lose a gamepad, plaster, tv, fingers, etc.

Madden 2007, however, is not meant for control with a gamepad, nor is it meant for a display with any overscan; in fact, I'm not sure it's actually intended for play, it's more of a stress tester. Hopefully 2008 will be better.

Right now I'm using Joy2Mouse for FPS's and such, does the Logitech profiling software allow for the same type of thing, e.g. emulating mouse movement via an analog stick?

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can recommend "Garou - Mark of the wolves" and the "Metal slug" series. Both run in MAME. They are very classical Arcade games.

-level20peon

dcope

Portal Member
    September 7, 2006
    Right now I'm using Joy2Mouse for FPS's and such, does the Logitech profiling software allow for the same type of thing, e.g. emulating mouse movement via an analog stick?

The Profiler from logitech is great you can apply any key storke and combination to any button, and asign mouse axis to the any of the dual anologe thumb sticks. I have one set profile for mouse wsad and jump duck primary and secondary fire, with the profilers ability to apply it based on wich exe i run so i can have virtually the same controlls no matter wich FPS i play, really handy, you can set a perminant profile as well and use the joypad as a mouse if needed.

That with 2 AA bats lastine nearly a week for me between recharges is the best pad ive had, tho the p9000 from siatek came close with is usb rechargable batery pack, this is still my secondary controller, but only has single shoulder buttons.

I can recommend "Garou - Mark of the wolves" and the "Metal slug" series. Both run in MAME. They are very classical Arcade games.

-level20peon
    I have yet to try the wonders of mame, kegafusion zsnes p64 and epsx have so far filled my retro gaming needs, was looking for more specific native 3d games that can be used is this situation. Tho something to look at when i get time:)

sala_mander

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I'm also looking for game recommendations for a htpc. I have two gamepads connected up, so I'm interested in games that can be played simultaneously, split-screen etc.

Right now I have TOCA Racing Driver 3, Blazing Angels, Superbikes 2001 that have splitscreen modes. I also have mame setup so the fighting genres are taken care of.

Anybody got any suggestions for good multi-player games? Splitscreen particularly?

dcope

Portal Member
    September 7, 2006
    I'm also looking for game recommendations for a htpc. I have two gamepads connected up, so I'm interested in games that can be played simultaneously, split-screen etc.

Right now I have TOCA Racing Driver 3, Blazing Angels, Superbikes 2001 that have splitscreen modes. I also have mame setup so the fighting genres are taken care of.

Anybody got any suggestions for good multi-player games? Splitscreen particularly?
    If your into your footy Fifa 07 works well with 2 controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom