Completed HTPC in Athens Ready (Analog and DVB-T support) (1 Viewer)

stefanros

Portal Member
July 2, 2006
Greece
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Have now finished my HTPC build. Below come some info about my system.

System Goals
  • -Support both Analog and DVB-T (we just got the first three 'free' channels here in Greece)
    -Quite
    -Store movies for the children to easy find and watch
    -Watch and Record on the same time
    -EPG

System Componets
  • -AMD64 3200+
    -Asus Radeon Extreme AX1300PRO/TD Silent 256MB
    -Abit AT8 939 Motherboard. Silent, onboard SPDIF!
    -Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu Heatsink/Fan CPU Fan
    -1 GB PC3200
    -PSU SHARKOON SILENT STORM 480W
    -SAMSUNG SP2504C 250GB 7200RPM SATA-2 8MB
    -Dual DVB-T: Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT/MCE DVB-T. Dual Tuner, PCIe x1 slot!
    -Dual Analog: WinTV-PVR-500 MCE TV/FM Radio Card.
    -Thermaltake Tenor HTPC Case (budget contraints)
    -Microsoft MCE Remote

Software
  • -Media Portal with latest SVN

Other
-Yamaha YPS-800 Digital Sound Projector
p1256_1.jpg

Plans
Currently, the HTPC is connected to a old 29" Philips CRT TV via S-Video (actually quite good picture). The plan is and when budget allow to aquire a 40" LCD TV, hopefully a Samsung LE40M61B. Then I will connect the HTPC using the DVI connector to the LCD.

So Far
  • -The only dissapointment is the case. It is quite difficult to fit everything well and to achieve good air flow! The dual tuner TV cards, steel a lot of space and block adjusant PCI slots!!
    -EPG in Greece wasn't that easy, ended up with TVxb with some modications for the Greek digital channels. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will send you my modified tvxb.ini.
    -Sometimes sound and picture is not in sync

Interested to get some commments on the system. What's good and what is less good. Misstakes?

Will try to post some pictures another day.

br///
Stefan

droussos

October 5, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
DVB-T Athens - Greece

stefanros hi

I'm located in Athens also and I have few problems with my Hauppauge HVR-1300 regarding the digital signal (DVB-T). Could you please provide me the exact freq you used for tunning the digital channels as well as the ini file you are using for tvxb ?

Thanx :D

dimi

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Stefan check my system to get an idea.

1) I definitely propose you to get an AMOI TV (either 37" or 42").
Available in Greece (PM me for details), FULL 1920x1080 PROGRESSIVE resolution (1:1 pixel mapped), very cheap and quality product.

2) I would like to have that tvxb.ini if you don't mind. I use tvxb for EPG, but only have it working for analog channels, didn't bother for the rest (yet).

crusader

June 14, 2006
DVB-T Freqs in Athens

Hello Stefan!

I have the KWORLD 310U DVB-T/Analogue stick.
I searched for the frequencies using the EUROPE ALL area, and i got all 4 of them (PRISMA,SPORT,CINE,RIK).
You HAVE to have a good signal coming from your antenna, cause the dvb-t tuning is very picky!

As for the EPG, i don't know how to have EPG in Athens... What is the provider for the service for DVB-T or analogue???

Does anyone know the frequencies(MHz) for the analogue tv stations (Star,ANT1 etc.) for Attiki? When i choose Greece, tuning in is bad, in contrast to choosing CAMEROON that yields almost perfect tuning (ALMOST!). If someones provides me with the frequencies i could enter them manually...

stefanros

Portal Member
July 2, 2006
Greece
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Sorry for not following 'my' thread. Getting the Greek DVB-T channel is easy. Just use Sweden and you will the 3 Greek and RIK.
br///
Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom