Ongoing HTPC- Origen, AMD, ASUS HDMI Motherboard (1 Viewer)

juzernev

May 9, 2008
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hello,

This is my firts try with htpc, i would like to contribute my exprience with others.

Hardware:
Case: Origen x15e
MB: ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI
CPU: AMD 6400+
RAM: 2x KINGSTON HYPERX 1G
PSU: FSP BLUESTORM 400W
HDD: Samsung 1TB 32m cache
DVD: LG DVDRW donno the exact type number
Display: Samsung LE40F86BD

Case:
This case is the best loved thing about my htpc. Elegant and huge, u can easly place hardware in it. All wires (switch, front side usb and sound connectors, lcd panel, ir connector) bundled together u can order them easlily.
Only negative thing that u need a really long screwdriver for the 3 piece hdd holder bay, and u have to remove it to install hdd there.

I got some setup problem with the TV but after set up the tv correctly (just scan mode enabled and setting HDMI source name to PC) now i got true 1:1 pixel mapping and blade sharp screen).

I installed the hardware it bootet up well, installed vista 64 without problem.
Succesfully installed mediaportal, and codec pack.
I got no problem with avi (divx, xvid) but got big problem with playing mkv. It sometimes stalls and sometimes goes faster (after stalling, i thing to reach the audio).
I dont know what is the problem i tried everything, CCCP, KLITE, COREAVC, everything, but still got the problem.
This is really strange, cause I already played those HD movies on my laptop without problem, wich is much more weaker (ati x1600 and intel 1,8 core duo).

The following task need to be done:

1, Set up the remote to work with mediaplayer
2, Try to set up the reciever to work with the tv remote
3, Try to set up the mb or-and the tv to use HDMI as audio source. (i dont know what is the problem maybe my hdmi cable is not 1.3 compatible)
4, Buy and install TV tuner card (normal and sat)
5, Get a silent cpu cooler cause the factory one which comes with the processor is really noisy.
6, resolve this .mkv playback software somehow.

That's for this time guys, if u have idea with .mkv playback, just let me know.

Juzer

Update: ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI cant handle the 125watt x2 cpu so I changed to Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H and all my playback problems gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom