htpc project for 54" projection screen

Discussion in 'General' started by duramaxx2003, April 22, 2007.

1. duramaxx2003

duramaxx2003 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey i have a older RCA 54" rear projection TV and the picture qaulity is great still, but i am wanting to build either a stand alone htpc for this tv or run an extender to it and display recorded tv off my computer.

Now will a 7900 gs running through an s-video port have good quality and how am i going to resize the picture from 20" monitor to 54".

Id rather have a standalone htpc but what kind of extenders are out there that can put out realy good picture quality..\

If anyone could lend me some help id apprciate it , im a noob to this htpc stuff but really like the idea of it...thanks again

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. funkstar
    • Premium Supporter

funkstar Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    You don't need to do anything to 'resize the picture from 20" monitor to 54"', with s-video you are just feeding it a standard definition video feed, just like a DVD player would.

What other connections are on the back of your screen? is it SD or an HD set?

4. duramaxx2003

duramaxx2003 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its just an sd its probably 10 years old by now but still has great picture...will my 7900gs card put out a good picture on that big of a screen

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!