htpc project for 54" projection screen (1 Viewer)

duramaxx2003

April 22, 2007
Hey i have a older RCA 54" rear projection TV and the picture qaulity is great still, but i am wanting to build either a stand alone htpc for this tv or run an extender to it and display recorded tv off my computer.

Now will a 7900 gs running through an s-video port have good quality and how am i going to resize the picture from 20" monitor to 54".

Id rather have a standalone htpc but what kind of extenders are out there that can put out realy good picture quality..\

If anyone could lend me some help id apprciate it , im a noob to this htpc stuff but really like the idea of it...thanks again

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You don't need to do anything to 'resize the picture from 20" monitor to 54"', with s-video you are just feeding it a standard definition video feed, just like a DVD player would.

What other connections are on the back of your screen? is it SD or an HD set?

duramaxx2003

April 22, 2007
    Its just an sd its probably 10 years old by now but still has great picture...will my 7900gs card put out a good picture on that big of a screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom