Completed HTPC Showroom: lisag's lounge / bedroom (2 Viewers)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This thread is for discussing lisag's lounge / bedroom set-up which you can see in the HTPC Showroom area of the MediaPortal Wiki here: lisag's lounge / bedroom

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Lisa - great setup!! really nice.

Question, what do you find yourself using the Lilliput 7inch USB Display for? Is it a second screen?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country

I do use the 7 inch display as a second screen, but mostly it is displaying LCD Smartie using a couple of plug-ins (MP.dll and VirtualLCD.dll)

I have it programmed to tell me what MediaPortal is doing. If MediaPortal is running, it tells me what I am watching and a countdown of hours / minutes elapsed and total playtime. If MediaPortal isn't running it tells me if it is recording anything, and / or awake time / uptime / a news ticker.

It is great actually!

Here is a pretty awful photo I just took on my phone to show what it was telling me (MediaPortal was closed and I was playing xbox at the time!).

7 inch display.jpg

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    fabulous - I will definitely have a look into this - you could play music and see what track is playing without having to have the tv on sucking power. Brill!

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    fabulous - I will definitely have a look into this - you could play music and see what track is playing without having to have the tv on sucking power. Brill!

Yes, you definitely could set it to do that, LCD Smartie is very programmable, bit of a steep learning curve on how to get it to work, but sort of fun! If you get stuck I can share some of my code with you then you can mess about with it.

The info you need is here:

http://mp.codeplex.com/

http://virtuallcd.codeplex.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread