Hulu Plugin vs MultiShortCut and Hulu Desktop (1 Viewer)

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried the Hulu Plugin and liked what I saw, but it apparently stopped working a few days ago. I then tried using MultiShortCut to launch Hulu Desktop and that also seems to work well.

Has development stopped on the Hulu Plugin given the release of Hulu Desktop?

Are there advantages to using the "Hulu Plugin" approach that using the "MultiShortCut with Hulu Desktop" approach cannot provide?

Flipside of coin - Are there advantages to using the "MultiShortCut with Hulu Desktop" approach that the "Hulu Plugin" approach cannot provide?

mashenden

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I tried the Hulu Plugin and liked what I saw, but it apparently stopped working a few days ago. I then tried using MultiShortCut to launch Hulu Desktop and that also seems to work well.

Has development stopped on the Hulu Plugin given the release of Hulu Desktop?

Are there advantages to using the "Hulu Plugin" approach that using the "MultiShortCut with Hulu Desktop" approach cannot provide?

Flipside of coin - Are there advantages to using the "MultiShortCut with Hulu Desktop" approach that the "Hulu Plugin" approach cannot provide?

mashenden

Well… I settled on Hulu desktop. It is not as tightly integrated as the Hulu plugin but desktop is being updated all the time by Hulu and it works very well and has been very stable for most of the year. Not sue of the support level on the plugin at this point…
    See this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/hulu-desktop-60585/#post425657

tonyscha

Portal Pro
    May 2, 2007
    Iowa
    Home Country
    Ever since Hulu provided me with a desktop app, I gave up on the hulu plugin, along with Boxee!!! Its a crude interface into mediaportal using the multishortcut app, but it always works, and has a decent interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom