HVR-1600 Win't tune QAM signal (1 Viewer)

litljay

Portal Member
March 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using MP 1.1.3.0 with the inbuilt TV server on WinXP Pro SP3. My cable company provides QAM service over the cable that I should be able to tune in with my Hauppauge HVR-1600 easily (several Digital TV's in the house have no problem with it). The cable is plugged into the digital input of the card.

In the TV Server Configuration I have disabled all of the cards except the ATSC one in the TV Server's config page, and selected the "Tune QAM" checkbox on the tuner's sub page. I have tried all 5 tuning frequency sets, but it can't find any channels.:mad:

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

TIA

J

bsdguy

April 22, 2011
Home Country
The channels are not in the same order that the cable STB presents them, did you let it run for a while?

I had the same problem, but it turns out the first 16 or so physical channels had nothing on them. Let it run through the first 20 or so in each setting (Try "Standard" first) and see if it starts picking them up.

litljay

Portal Member
March 2, 2009
Home Country
crashing previews now!

Thank you! Sorry I was out of pocket for a few days.

Using the standard and standard alt frequency sets each netted 300+ channels, but without useful channel info. IRC got me a good list of channels to work from, so I can parse out the encrypted channels that need the box from the clear qam channels.

Now the problem is that pulling a preview of any channel nets me a black screen instead of the preview, and trying to close the preview crashes the TV server setup interface.

I'll be googling for possible codec/rendering issues, but input here would be most welcome.

Thanks again!

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom